cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Sharing PowerApps

Hi,

I recently created my first PowerApp but there seems to be a problem when I try to share with colleagues.

I've followed the instructions for sharing, and have tried both 'Can Use' and 'Can Edit' permissions. However, when my colleagues try to open the app (on their phones through the PowerApps application) they get the attached erorr message.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Thanks

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Re: Sharing PowerApps

They need at least view permissions on the data to be able to see it in the app. If they can edit in the app they also need those permissions on the data. You should check where the data is stored and if the other users have permission to access it.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

• Open the app
  • click File > Share
  • a new browser window opens click the Details section
  • Under Connections you will see all of the data connections in your app

Shane - Microsoft MVP, YouTube, and PowerApps Consulting for when you are in a bind to get this fixed quickly. And finally we now have PowerApps Training

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Do they have the correct permissions on your datasources?

Highlighted

Hi Sofie,

Thanks for your reply.

I created the app from a template rather than a custom app from a data source, although I believe it's linked to my 0365 work account.

As colleagues within the same organisation, I didn't think that this would be a problem - do I need to change something?

Highlighted
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

They need at least view permissions on the data to be able to see it in the app. If they can edit in the app they also need those permissions on the data. You should check where the data is stored and if the other users have permission to access it.

Highlighted

Okay thanks.

One final question: as I created the app from a template and it isn't linked to any SharePoint or Excel data etc., I'm not quite sure how to grant permission to the data? The only data in the app is what's added into the template through using the app. Or do I need to check permissions/access related to my 0365 account if that's what it's linked to?

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

• Open the app
  • click File > Share
  • a new browser window opens click the Details section
  • Under Connections you will see all of the data connections in your app

Shane - Microsoft MVP, YouTube, and PowerApps Consulting for when you are in a bind to get this fixed quickly. And finally we now have PowerApps Training

Highlighted

Okay great, thanks. Between the two replies I think I've pieced it together!

Highlighted

it shows that my app isn't using any connections to share? Am I missing something. See attached pic.

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

@tlucas1, If your app uses Sharepoint custom lists as a data source, each user will need SITE MEMBER access to read/write records. Not sure if this is applicable here for you, but I just ran across this issue.

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,395)