cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andreapas79
Level: Powered On

Sharing Powerapps

Hi, I've some problem with sharing of mine powerpapps..

I've a office 365 business essential and i'm trying to share  mine app with a friend that have another office 365 business. 

he 's in mine outlook contact list, i can share with him files from mine onedrive, he can share with me his app...but when i try to share mine i cannot to find him....

"could not be found. If the e-mail address is correct, contact the administrator for assistance." this is the message...someone could tell me what i wrong???

5 REPLIES 5
Andreapas79

Re: Sharing Powerapps

After two hours, I tried again and now it works......I don't understand the reason.

Super User
Super User

@Andrepas79
Hello again!

A PowerApp can only be shared with another user within the same tenant. In plain words this means the users work at the same company who provides the licenses. From your message I understand that your friend does not work at the same company.

You can Export the app to your friend instead of sharing. He or she can import the app on their account. The app will exist separately on your your friend’s office 365 account. It will not share a datasource and any updates to the app will require your friend to import once again.

Do this by clicking on the 3 dots next to your app name in the PowerApps Studio and clicking Export. Let me know if you have any further questions.

—-
Please Accept as Solution if this post answered your question so others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a Thumbs Up.
Super User
Super User

Lol, you must have posted as I was typing this slowly on my mobile phone keyboard 🙂
Andreapas79

now I managed to share it .... I don't understand why all this delay in updating the contact list for sharing powerapps .... while with onedrive the contact list was updated immediately.

Super User
Super User

Yes, I also find that changes sometimes take awhile to propagate through the system. I suppose not everything can be instantaneous...

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,366)