cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ctumbles
Level: Powered On

Sharing SharePoint PowerApp

I created a PowerApp from a SharePoint Online list by using SharePoint Online.  After making a few changes to the default app I shared the app out to the organization.  However, when anyone opens PowerApp the app isn't listed.  All other apps that are shared to the organization are visible though.  If I share the app with a user directly it does show up.  How do I share this app with the entire organization without sharing it with every person individually?

8 REPLIES 8
Power Apps Staff cherie
Power Apps Staff

Re: Sharing SharePoint PowerApp

Hi,

Did you create the app via the customize forms button on the list?

Thanks

Cherie

ctumbles

It was created in the SharePoint list by selecting PowerApps > Create an app on the menu above the list results.

Power Apps Staff cherie
Power Apps Staff

And the app isn't showing up in the All Apps filter on the mobile apps?

Highlighted
ctumbles

If I share it out to the entire org, yes that is correct.  If I share it out to a specific person then it shows up.

Power Apps Staff cherie
Power Apps Staff

The behavior you are seeing is as designed. It will show up if you share it to a specific user or a security group.

ctumbles

Ok thank you, sharing to a security group did work.  However, you should be able to select "Add everyone in my org" just like any other PowerApp.  Doing it this way takes away from a consistent experience.  Inconsistencies also makes it harder to document our internal processes.

Power Apps Staff cherie
Power Apps Staff

Thanks for giving this feedback. I'll forward it on.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @ctumbles,

I have made a test, and the issue is confirmed on my side.

When sharing an app created from a SP list (within SP online) out to a whole organization, the members of the organization could not access the app.

I would post this issue to my product team, if the issue is solved, I would reply here.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,485)