Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Eric6
Helper II
Helper II

Sharing a PowerApps form, but not the whole related SharePoint list

Hi,

I'm using PowerApps to provide a customized form for a SharePoint list. However, users should not generally be allowed to see the whole list, only individual items.

So I initially gave users no access at the list level, but then shared individual items, granting them Edit or View access at the item level.

The issue is now that they can see the items in list view, but they cannot open or edit them with the form, as the app has not been shared. Apparently, the app is shared via the permissions at list level only.

Is there a way to enable access to the form and to individual list items, but not the whole list?

I'm thinking about defining an empty customized permission level at the list level. This way I would assign a permission to users, but not even give them view access in it. Not sure if that triggers the app to be shared. Do you have a better solution? Or do you think this would work?

Best regards,

Eric

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @Eric6 ,

I am a little unclear on your sharing comments. A customised Power Apps form does not need to be separately shared - if the user can access the list (other than external shares), then the Power Apps form will open for them. This only SharePoint row-level sharing that I am aware of is restricting view and/or edit to items created by the user. What exactly are you trying to achieve?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @Eric6 ,

I am a little unclear on your sharing comments. A customised Power Apps form does not need to be separately shared - if the user can access the list (other than external shares), then the Power Apps form will open for them. This only SharePoint row-level sharing that I am aware of is restricting view and/or edit to items created by the user. What exactly are you trying to achieve?

View solution in original post

Hi @WarrenBelz ,

It's clear that a customized SharePoint form gets shared with the list itself. However, some of the users should not be permitted to read all the items of the list. They should have access only to individual items corresponding to their work area. The trouble is, if I give them access only to individual items at the item level, then they will not be able to edit those items with the form. I think that's because the form gets shared only based on permissions at the level of the whole list.

So now I'm looking for a way to get around this restriction and share only individual items, but still allow access to the form.

Regards,

Eric

PowerExplorer
Helper I
Helper I

facing same problem , please help, I don't want to grant permission to the whole list for some users, We only want to share with them only list items when needed. Only to get some info on a given item. however, the users can't access the list item in power apps form like they would do for the plain SharePoint list item row... . they get this error, This app isn’t opening correctly  . It looks like you don’t have access to this app. Ask its owner to share it with you.

Again, I don't want to give these users any permission to the whole list , I want them to view/edit the items that's shared with them in the power-apps form. The problem is powerapps form is not opening the list item . The list is customized in powerapps.

@PowerExplorer ,

This is an old closed thread, please open a new topic with your issue.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Power Apps Community Call Jan. 2022 768x460.png

Power Apps Community Call

Please join us on Wednesday, January 19th, at 8a PDT. Come and learn from our amazing speakers!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,310)