Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Sharing a PowerApps form, but not the whole related SharePoint list

Hi,

I'm using PowerApps to provide a customized form for a SharePoint list. However, users should not generally be allowed to see the whole list, only individual items.

So I initially gave users no access at the list level, but then shared individual items, granting them Edit or View access at the item level.

The issue is now that they can see the items in list view, but they cannot open or edit them with the form, as the app has not been shared. Apparently, the app is shared via the permissions at list level only.

Is there a way to enable access to the form and to individual list items, but not the whole list?

I'm thinking about defining an empty customized permission level at the list level. This way I would assign a permission to users, but not even give them view access in it. Not sure if that triggers the app to be shared. Do you have a better solution? Or do you think this would work?

Best regards,

Eric

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Sharing a PowerApps form, but not the whole related SharePoint list

Hi @Eric6 ,

I am a little unclear on your sharing comments. A customised Power Apps form does not need to be separately shared - if the user can access the list (other than external shares), then the Power Apps form will open for them. This only SharePoint row-level sharing that I am aware of is restricting view and/or edit to items created by the user. What exactly are you trying to achieve?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Hi @Eric6 ,

I am a little unclear on your sharing comments. A customised Power Apps form does not need to be separately shared - if the user can access the list (other than external shares), then the Power Apps form will open for them. This only SharePoint row-level sharing that I am aware of is restricting view and/or edit to items created by the user. What exactly are you trying to achieve?

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Hi @WarrenBelz ,

It's clear that a customized SharePoint form gets shared with the list itself. However, some of the users should not be permitted to read all the items of the list. They should have access only to individual items corresponding to their work area. The trouble is, if I give them access only to individual items at the item level, then they will not be able to edit those items with the form. I think that's because the form gets shared only based on permissions at the level of the whole list.

So now I'm looking for a way to get around this restriction and share only individual items, but still allow access to the form.

Regards,

Eric

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,662)