cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DDCJOEE
Level: Powered On

Sharing an app with "everyone" in my org

I have a LOT of people in my organization using the app I've made, so it's getting to the point where rather than sharing with individuals, it may make more sense for me to share with everyone in my org. My only question is, does this option send an email notification to everyone in my org?

I ask because there are a lot of people who don't use it and would be very confused by an email notification about an app they've never heard of nor plan on using. I work for a very large company, so I just want to make sure I wouldn't be spamming thousands of people's inboxes if I went with this method. 

Has anybody tried this?

2 REPLIES 2
EricLott
Level 10

Re: Sharing an app with "everyone" in my org

When sharing an app, you can type "Everyone" in the prompt asking for a name or email address. This gives blanket permissions to the entire organization. You can choose whether or not to send an email invitation form the "Share" screen of your app.

Alternatively, you can set an AD group to have permission, which is more secure.

From there, it will give you a hyperlink to the app and you can send out your own email explaining what the app is for and how to access it. I usually include a link to PowerApps for Android and iOS as well.

Microsoft v-siky-msft
Microsoft

Re: Sharing an app with "everyone" in my org

Hi @DDCJOEE ,Snipaste_2019-12-11_16-49-11.png

Best regards,

Sik

There is a function for you to choose if send an email invitation to new users, when sharing the Apps.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Coming Soon: T-Shirt Design Contest

Keep your eyes open for our upcoming T-shirt design contest!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,261)