cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Sharing app with others

How can I share my app with other people? I can not find any random emails. I can only find emails from other students on my school. I want to add my second email so I can test the app.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Post Patron
Post Patron

Re: Sharing app with others

I am not sure you can do what you are trying to do.  Unless your 2nd email is associated with a totally separate person object, it won't be found as a person you can share the app with.

Can you find another student that you know that you can share it with who will work with you to test it?

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

@TimoMigchielsen 

Sharing outside the organization is not permitted in PowerApps.  You may only share with others at your school.

See this thread for a more detailed response.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Sharing-PowerApps-with-External-Users/m-p/11...

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Highlighted
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

What is the reason for this? This is so annoying as I am making an application for my internship company and I want to share it with them.... Is there really no other way?

Highlighted
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

No sadly that is not possible. I need to be able to share it with my internship company and add their emails but I am using my school email.

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

@TimoMigchielsen 

I'm not a Microsoft employee, just a user like you.  I don't know what to tell you here... building apps for use within the organization is the main purpose of PowerApps.  As for the reason why?  Well, every product (i.e. platform) needs to target a particular market and that's what PowerApps has chosen.

Some areas you might wish to research are:

• Adding your "2nd" email to the Azure Active Directory might allow for access.  Just an idea.  No clue if it would work.
  • PowerApps Portals allow us to build external facing websites/apps.  However, there is a totally different cost structure for this $$$.

That's all I can really offer here...

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @TimoMigchielsen ,

Do you want to share your app?
1)If you want to share your app to the user in the same talent, you could share your app by choose your app:

273.PNG

2)If you want to share your app to the user who belongs to different talent, you could invite he as guest.

Power Apps canvas apps can be shared with guest users of an Azure Active Directory tenant. This enables inviting external business partners, contractors, and third parties to run your company’s canvas apps.

Here's a doc about this in details for your reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/share-app

Please notice that you not only need to share app, but also need to share data source.

If others do not have the permission of your data source, they can not run your app neither.

Here's a doc about sharing app resources for your reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/share-app-resources

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Why is it not possible to share the application between other emails that are not connected to my own email? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Robotic Process Automation

Let's talk about the solution provided by Microsoft for Robotic Process Automation (RPA)

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,723)