cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TedBabcock
Advocate II
Advocate II

Sharing component library

We're having trouble sharing a component library. The Microsoft documentation here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/component-library#component-library-per...

says that it's just like sharing an app. But when a colleague shares his component library with me, I can see the library, but when I click on it, no components are listed. And if I try to Add more components in an app, his library and components are not shown. Then he shared his library with me as a co-owner, and then I could see his components and use them in my apps.

So this behavior is not matching the documentation. It is rather disturbing to have to share a component library with others as a co-owner. Is there an admin setting we need to change? Is there anything we can do? Thank you!

8 REPLIES 8
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Are the components in the library using any connectors?  If so, does the user have access to those connections?  I just tried to reproduce your issue by sharing a menuing component library I built with another user.  I shared the library with them as a user only.  When they import the library they see the component and can add it to the page. This is what the other user see's when they click on Get more components at the bottom of the page.

image.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Join me at 365EduCon in Chicago on Sept. 26-30 where I'll be presenting on the Power Platform!
TedBabcock
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hi, @Pstork1 - No, there are no connectors. They are basic building-block components, originating from the blog post with 10 Reusable Components:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/powerapps-ten-reusable-components/

I can't show a screenshot of what I saw now, because the colleague has shared it with me as a co-owner, but I will ask him to change it to user-only on one, and I will post it in a follow-up.

TedBabcock
Advocate II
Advocate II

Here's what I see when I go to Component Libraries > Components, for one on which the owner changed the sharing permission from co-owner to user:

TedBabcock_0-1617731909225.png

In your app did you click on 'Get more components' to import the components into your application?  They don't show up just because they were shared with you.  You have to add the library to the app.

image.png

Join me at 365EduCon in Chicago on Sept. 26-30 where I'll be presenting on the Power Platform!
TedBabcock
Advocate II
Advocate II

Yes, I did that. When I click on Get more components, the one that was only shared as a user (not as a co-owner) does not show up. The other ones, shared with me as a co-owner, do show up.

I'll have to try with some of the components from the article.  As I said it works fine for me with a component that doesn't have any external requirements.  I'm assuming you are both in the same tenant and not trying to share between tenants or environments.

TedBabcock
Advocate II
Advocate II

Yes, same tenant, same environment. Many thanks!

I'll try pulling some of those components from Github and importing them into a library to see if I can replicate your problem.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Users online (4,014)