cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RoryF

Sharing simple app to outside user

Hello All..

New to PowerApps so please bear with me..

I am looking at developing Power Apps that I can share with other (external) Microsoft 365 users.  So I am trying a proof of concept trial.

I have the use of two (2) Microsoft 365 accounts (one is personal - A/C#1, the other where I am currently employed - A/C#2).  Both are Microsoft 365 Business accounts so have access to all of the Apps available to that subscription.  The plan is to develop in one account (#1) and then to share to the other account (#2) as a means of testing the shared app.

Using A/C#1 I developed a very simple Canvas (mobile phone) app - one label with the text "Hello".  Saved and shared with #2.  

For A/C#1 the App runs in the browser AND on my mobile phone (Android, Power App "Apps" installed).

For A/C#2 - when the app is shared an email is sent with a link to the App. Clicking the link in the App (in Outlook on Laptop) the App open in the browser (no problem there).  

The problem is that when I go to my mobile phone (same phone), go to Power Apps, logout from A/C#1 and login with A/C#2 the App IS NOT THERE.  Repeated login/logout/ phone reboot / repeat the entire exercise from the start - still not there.

I had a look at Azure AD - the "Guest" (A/C#2) is there as an entry (User Type = Guest).

I am at a loss as to what is happening here.  I have to believe that it is possible to develop an app and then to share it with another Microsoft 365 licensed user (which is the model I am attempting to develop in).  However I need to get past this proof of concept test.

Any thoughts / ideas?

Thanks,

RF

Followup:

So I found a workaround that is clunky and leaves me with an uneasy feeling..

With the Phone:

- Sign out of Power Apps

- Using the browser login to Outlook email using A/C#2

- Find the email sent when the App was shared

- Click on the link; select to open in the Power App Application

- After 2 or 3 Microsoft login screens the App finally loads in Power Apps Application

What leaves me with an uneasy feeling is that if I logout of Power Apps and then immediately login with the same account the App is no longer there.

Is this the best I can hope for?  It's not very client friendly and has me thinking I should be putting my energy elsewhere..

RF

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (74,335)