cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sajarac
Super User
Super User

Sharing the app inside the app

Hi there. I was wondering if this is possible?

I have several users in my app. I am the app owner and I would like to continue being the app owner. But also I want an user to be something like the app administrator. This mean that user can add other users or remove current users if this is needed.

Any way do accomplish this?

thanks in advance.

Regards.

5 REPLIES 5
poweractivate
Super User
Super User

@sajarac 

Co-Owner. They won't be able to remove you as the Owner, but they can share the app. I am unsure if they can remove users the app was already shared with before. I don't know if you like this one though because they can edit the app as well.

poweractivate_0-1634836030190.png

sajarac
Super User
Super User

Hey, thank you very much for your prompt response. Let's say this user is a regular user NO Co-Owner. Is there any way that he can add other users or remove other users without having to call me to do this?

Something like a roll or user is some privileges ? 

@sajarac 

You can try like this:

1. Select environment from https://admin.powerplatform.microsoft.com/environments 

poweractivate_0-1634837588449.png

Sorry, the default environment does not support this by the way at all unless it has a Dataverse database created in it first - assuming you can try and do that by pressing "Add database" after going in Default environment - after that you can try it and see if it works after that.

I can confirm for me it worked if I made sure it has a Database first though - so you can try on Default environment.

2a. Security Roles

poweractivate_4-1634837421771.png

2b. New Role

poweractivate_3-1634837373206.png

3. Try and change this stuff here and play with it. Especially "Share" privilege.

poweractivate_0-1634836961328.png

I am unsure the above will work. It is something you can try and see if it might work.

I do not know for sure if the above will even work at all even if you set it up correctly though. As I am unsure that this can be applied to the actual sharing of Canvas App itself.

I do not know of any other potential way.

sajarac
Super User
Super User

Thank you very much. That sounds like is the way.

I will give a try and come back with results.

Thanks again for your help.

🙂

v-bofeng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sajarac :

app creators and administrators can set assign the permission of this app to other users by Using Powers.

Shell.If you have needs in this regard, you can refer to this article:

Set-AdminPowerAppRoleAssignment

Best Regards,

Bof

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on June 15, 2022 at 8am PDT.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,027)