cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jasondefaoite
Advocate I
Advocate I

ShortTime bug

Function description from here, look for ShortTime .. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/functions/function-text

Let's say the current time is 15.30. I'm using a function Text(Now(), ShortTime) which should return '3.30 PM'. It does when playing back the app in the web based power apps studio.

However, on both android and iOS, it returns 15.30 rather than the 3.30 PM it is supposed to, causing some of my lookups to fail.

Is anyone else seeing the same behaviour?

Work around with the Text(Now(), "[$-en-US]h:mm AM/PM"), but MS may want to look into why ShortTime isn't working as expected on mobile. 

1 REPLY 1
Bilakanti
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

@Jasondefaoite @microsoft 

I'm also facing the same issue, Not only with ShortTime function, but when using

TimeValue(Text(Now())), it is showing 12hr format in web and 24hr format in Android and IOS devices. MS may have to look into this.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (2,034)