cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
barbaramsilva

Shortcut on another page?

Having created a search app, which contains a search bar, is it possible to have a shortcut on another page with the app reduced to that search bar? i.e. as if we cut the page to just that part of the window?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JP_Verolme
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi @barbaramsilva ,

Thank you for your reply. To summarize if I understand correctly: you want a part of the app to be visible somewhere on a intranet page (in SharePoint(?)), Only by clicking on it, more of the app should be showed.

Unfortunately, for as far as I know you can not change the size of the app like that. 
Perhaps with some CSS magic (I'm no expert on that) it would be possible to conceal a part of the app, and revealing it when clicking on it.
Closest I could think of is two apps. The first, only a searchbar with a 'Search' button, with a very small app size.
The button could lauch a second app, which shows the results of the search (unfortunately this app should open in a new browser tab).
Showing the results in another app would be possible using parameters, to pass the info from the 'search bar app' to the 'results app'.
This article shows how to use parameters to pass information to an app on opening it.
This way you can work with two screen sizes.

I hope this is helpful for you. If so, please click on the Thumbs Up below and Accept it as the solution, so this could be helpful to others with the same problem.
Kind regards, Jan-Pieter

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JP_Verolme
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi @barbaramsilva ,
To help you with this, I need to know a little more.
Could you please provide me with some more information about:

- What is the context of the mentioned 'page'. Do you mean another screen of your app? Or a page in SharePoint where you want to embed this app?

- If you want to use this in SharePoint, it seems that you want to crop the app size so that only the searchbar is visible. That raises the question what the output of a search should be and where you want to show the output, if all you show is the searchbar of your app.

Kind regards, Jan-Pieter

Hello Jan-Pieter,

Thank you very much for your availability to help me.
The page where I would like to embed the shortcut to the app is an intranet page.
Exactly, I would like the preview of this shortcut to be a crop of the app used from the search bar, functional, present in the same. By clicking on this shortcut it opens a little more of the page's visualisation, without being necessary to go to another window, only if the user wants to.

Best regards, Bárbara Maia Silva

JP_Verolme
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi @barbaramsilva ,

Thank you for your reply. To summarize if I understand correctly: you want a part of the app to be visible somewhere on a intranet page (in SharePoint(?)), Only by clicking on it, more of the app should be showed.

Unfortunately, for as far as I know you can not change the size of the app like that. 
Perhaps with some CSS magic (I'm no expert on that) it would be possible to conceal a part of the app, and revealing it when clicking on it.
Closest I could think of is two apps. The first, only a searchbar with a 'Search' button, with a very small app size.
The button could lauch a second app, which shows the results of the search (unfortunately this app should open in a new browser tab).
Showing the results in another app would be possible using parameters, to pass the info from the 'search bar app' to the 'results app'.
This article shows how to use parameters to pass information to an app on opening it.
This way you can work with two screen sizes.

I hope this is helpful for you. If so, please click on the Thumbs Up below and Accept it as the solution, so this could be helpful to others with the same problem.
Kind regards, Jan-Pieter

Yes, that's exactly it!
Thank you so much for the help, it is quite important and well advised.

Best regards,
Bárbara Maia Silva

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,328)