cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SlavaS1
Helper I
Helper I

Should a user has paid PowerApps plan if the appication doesn't use premium connectors, but called MS Flow uses?

Hello dears,

I am developing a PowerApps canvas application that uses one SharePoint connector and calls two Power Automate flows. The PowerApps doesn't use any premium connectors, however one of called from the app flow uses a premium connector "Word Online (Business)".

I have Power Automate per user paid plan and use free PowerApps plan.

The question is Do I must have a PowerApps paid plan to run the application?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The licensing for PowerAutomate (or Flow..hard for me to change what I call it..lol) goes off of who "triggered" the run. So, yes..it will go off that. The Word Connector (which I use a lot) does say Premium but it does still seem to run for the basic licenses but I don't think that will last. 

What I sometimes do for the option I mentioned above is the "Request" goes on the Sharepoint list and creates the document and all the steps (When item is created) and at the end of the Flow I delete the item. Then I know if there is something on that SharePoint list for more than a minute or two I clearly had a problem I need to look at. I have most of my Flows set to email me if it does not complete the run which is great but then it is hard to find that item from the list to see what happened. Having the details sitting on that SharePoint list for me to research helps me identify problems. Plus -- if it is some something little I can fix it and re-run it without the user loosing data they put in or having to take any action. Win Win !

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
rebeccas
Super User
Super User

It depends on your trigger. A way around that is that if you make the App not trigger the flow and you do instead then the run is going under your license instead of theirs. For example you could have when the user clicks any information you are going to pass to flow creates a new item in SharePoint (with the fields you need included in columns) and the trigger would then be when an item is created. Now it is going under you (as the person who "owns" the flow) instead of them. 

Hi @rebeccas , thank you for your detailed reply. Indeed, I use PowerApps trigger on my flow and pass some parameters from my Form and then use the premium Power Automate connector. Am I right understand that the current must has a paid PowerApps plan due to Power Automates uses a premium connector?

I got you idea about a walk around and create an item from my PowerApps form and replace the PowerApps trigger with When Item Created.

Thanks.

Slava.  

The licensing for PowerAutomate (or Flow..hard for me to change what I call it..lol) goes off of who "triggered" the run. So, yes..it will go off that. The Word Connector (which I use a lot) does say Premium but it does still seem to run for the basic licenses but I don't think that will last. 

What I sometimes do for the option I mentioned above is the "Request" goes on the Sharepoint list and creates the document and all the steps (When item is created) and at the end of the Flow I delete the item. Then I know if there is something on that SharePoint list for more than a minute or two I clearly had a problem I need to look at. I have most of my Flows set to email me if it does not complete the run which is great but then it is hard to find that item from the list to see what happened. Having the details sitting on that SharePoint list for me to research helps me identify problems. Plus -- if it is some something little I can fix it and re-run it without the user loosing data they put in or having to take any action. Win Win !

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Apps Community Call

Monthly Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call?? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (15,400)