cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aquarius888
Frequent Visitor

ShoutOut App Errors

Hi all, 

I'm new to Power Apps and having worked on the sample ShoutOut App for the last few days, I'm still struggling to remove the following two errors:

We do not have photos for all users and our managers have not been assigned. 

Error shown 4 times when opening the App:
Office365Users.UserPhotoMetadata failed: { "error": { "code": "ResourceNotFound", "message": "Resource could not be discovered.", "innerError".

Error having sent out a ShoutOut
Office365Users.Manager failed: { "status": 404, "message": "No manager found for the specified user.\r\nclientRequestId: 23083caa-ed73-42bc-a9f7-55c40729c602\r\nserviceRequestId: 4aa439da-1be9-4d5a-af7a-8a10e9f94b9d", "error": { "message": "No manager found for the specified user." }, "source": "office365users-uks.azconn-uks-01.p.azurewebsites.net"

I would be most grateful for your help. 

Many thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thank you for your time responding. The issue was resolved when a manager was linked to the user. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
PG_WorXz10
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Aquarius888 ,

Please try to off the below error management feature in your application and try to catch the error like did in below code. In the below code if the email is from different AD or having any error I'm collecting only email ids else the whole data. 

PG_WorXz10_0-1629529989811.png

ClearCollect(
        EmailFromUsers,
        If(
           YourDomainName = Last(
                Split(
                    ThisItem.YourUserEmail,
                    "@"
                )
            ).Result && !IsBlankOrError(Office365Users.UserProfileV2(ThisItem.YourUserEmail)),
            Office365Users.UserProfileV2(ThisItem.YourUserEmail),
            {
                displayName: ThisItem.YourUserEmail,
                id: "",
                image: Blank(),
                jobTitle: "",
                userPrincipalName: ThisItem.YourUserEmail
            }
        )
    )

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

If this post was helpful or you need more help please consider giving Thumbs Up and Tag me in your reply I'll be happy to help. If this post helped you solve your issue please click Accept as solution and provide Thumbs Up. This will help others find it more readily.

Thank you for your time responding. The issue was resolved when a manager was linked to the user. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on June 15, 2022 at 8am PDT.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,635)