cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

ShoutOut Template - adding a like capability

Hi

I have downloaded the shoutout template and modified it to meet my business leadership principles and connected the app to store data in a sharepoint list. Using the Tablet view of the ShoutOut app

I have been asked if I can add a like capability to the activity feed so that people viewing the shoutouts can "like" it and we can count how many extra people like the shout out to help the recipient feel even more valued. I am new to PowerApps and wondered if anyone has put a like button on a gallery and if what I am asking to do is possible and how I would go about it or if there is any sample code I can review and update for my needs.

Thanks

Graham

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: ShoutOut Template - adding a like capability

Hello @The_General ,

Please check to see if the below link helps to implement the same:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRHpZShASgQ

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: ShoutOut Template - adding a like capability

Thanks @vikulkar  for this - the video is very useful and approached it in a way I hadn't thought of.

I am using sharepoint not excel files so was hoping it could integrate with the sharepoint likes but this is also a possible solution that I will explore. If anyone has any advice on the like integration with SharePoint online please let me know too.

Thanks

Graham

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Robotic Process Automation

Let's talk about the solution provided by Microsoft for Robotic Process Automation (RPA)

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,916)