cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RMcGeehan

Shoutouts: Error Creating App from Template

I've been trying to use Shoutouts for a while. Initially there appeard to be errors in the template that were resolved, so I started over. Once I created and customized my own version of the app, it appeard to be working but it wasn't. I figured that was something I broke, so I decided to start over again. Unfortunately, now, when I try to create my app from the template, I get an error and can't move forward. Any guidance would be appreciated. TIA!

Snag_125339.png

13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately not.

I did find a workaround by trying to manually connect the App to a database I created for an earlier version of Shoutouts and now I have a bug that erases all my records when you save a new one. Not sure how to fix that either. 

Hi @v-monli-msft 

Has there been any progress with this error? I've just tried to create the shoutouts app from the template and have got exactly the same error. Until it's fixed the template is useless!

This is PowerApps version 3.19045.16 via Google Chrome, and it happens with the Phone and Tablet layout.

rebeccas
Super User
Super User

You have to Save it, Close it and then reopen it. It downloads some files to your OneDrive and until you do that process it won't work.

When (IF*) you get it to work, then a bigger problem comes and then the PowerApp is completely useless.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/Removing-user-ability-to-access-data-source-with...

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Don't miss the call this month on June 16th - 8a PDT

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (77,075)