cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cma2438
Level: Powered On

Shoutouts app - 404 Error - No user found with the specified id

Hello, I am working on implementing a Shoutout App for my company. However, when I run the app I get this error.

Office365Users.UserPhotoMetadata failed: { "status": 404, "message": "No user found with the specified id.\r\nclientRequestId: c90560a4-a52e-4d0a-a40b-c3035d05852d", "source": "office365users-wus.azconn-wus.p.azurewebsites.net" }

While in edit mode the only error that appears is this when you select the first "Shoutout"

If(Right(ThisItem.Mail, Len(ThisItem.Mail) - Find("@", ThisItem.Mail)) <> MyDomain, 'profilepic-generic-user', Office365Users.UserPhotoMetadata(ThisItem.Id).HasPhoto, Office365Users.UserPhoto(ThisItem.Id), 'profilepic-generic-user')

I changed it to the below formula which makes the error go away in edit mode, but the 404 error still appears when you run the app.

If(Right(ThisItem.RecipientEmail, Len(ThisItem.RecipientEmail) - Find("@", ThisItem.RecipientEmail)) <> MyDomain, 'profilepic-generic-user', Not(IsBlank(ThisItem.RecipientEmail)),If(Office365Users.UserPhotoMetadata(ThisItem.RecipientEmail).HasPhoto = false,'profilepic-generic-user',Office365Users.UserPhoto(ThisItem.RecipientEmail))) 

The App works just fine besides that people can submit shoutouts and you can see them appear when they are sent but I would like to get that Error away when I run the app.

3 REPLIES 3
cma2438

Shoutouts app - 404 Error - No user found with the specified id

Hello, I am working on implementing a Shoutout App for my company. However, when I run the app I get this error.

Office365Users.UserPhotoMetadata failed: { "status": 404, "message": "No user found with the specified id.\r\nclientRequestId: c90560a4-a52e-4d0a-a40b-c3035d05852d", "source": "office365users-wus.azconn-wus.p.azurewebsites.net" }

While in edit mode there are no errors appearing just when I run the app. I feel like the error is coming from the second image I attached, but I’m not sure.

The App works just fine besides that people can submit shoutouts and you can see them appear when they are sent.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Shoutouts app - 404 Error - No user found with the specified id

Hi @cma2438,

Please make sure the ThisItem.RecipientEmail is a valid Email within the Office 365 tenant.

The error messages means there is no user could be found with the Email provided.

Besides, please take a try to switch the Email with the User Id, see if the same error message would pop out.

For example:

Office365Users.UserPhotoMetadata(Office365Users.UserProfile(UserId).Id)

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
omckeogh-leaf

Re: Shoutouts app - 404 Error - No user found with the specified id

Hi,

I'm experiencing the same issue, did you ever get a resolution for it?

Oonagh

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,393)