Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sajarac
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Shoutouts error

Hi there, I hope someone can help me with this:

I am getting this error because I guess most of my users doesn't have a picture ID, if so how can I solve this issue? 

Delete.png

13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am getting the same error.  I tried adjusting the if statement in the image control to only show the default image but i am still recieving errors.  Also the link in the email that is generated to bring the user to the site is broken.

I would also like to see this created for the ipad screen size.  I know there is an option to change the size but it looks like the app did not re-size everything correctly.

v-monli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sajarac,

The user photo is stored under AAD, which you could change through the AAD users and groups.

And AAD currently is using the same way as Office 365 users to query the data, so if the service receives an error of value not found, it will just display in PowerApps.

Try with below formula to see if this would work:

If(Office365Users.UserPhotoMetadata(ThisItem.Id).HasPhoto=false,SampleImage,Office365Users.UserPhoto(ThisItem.Id))

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Good Morning, and thank you very much for your reply, i the picture below are the fields that has an user picture ID, fields 2 and 3 are overlapping, should I change all of them with the proposed formula?

please let me know,

Regards

Picture1.png

emmac
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hey @sajarac

Thanks for posting - we are looking into this issue. The app seems like it works fine, but the 404 errors are annoying and don't make a good experience. 

I'll update here on a resolution. Stay tuned.

-Emma

Good Morning, 

Sorry to bother you, do you know if the 404 error still in the ToDo's list?

and also the email link still not working "Sorry, we didn’t find that app."

Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

this seems to still be an issue, why does it throw errors even if you do a check on the profile picture existence.

It will work but still through the errors so have to replace all pictures other than current user with sample images.

This template also seems prone to some sort of screen layout bug. ActivityFeedScreen in my version, the layout of the screen is just totally messed up in the designer on the web. Yet it appears normal if you were to run the app....

image.png

CTUBeaty
Regular Visitor

Anybody had any update on this please?
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am also having the same error and would like to see this resolved as many users in our corporation are using this app. Can we get an update please?

cma2438
Helper II
Helper II

Any Update on this? I am also recieving this error

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (61,431)