Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AnPhamEFL
Advocate I
Advocate I

Show 2 line in Allowed Value Data Card

Hi Experts,

I'm using Power Apps to create a customize form for my SharePoint List, I'm currently stuck at showing 2 line when my Sub-Sub Category is too long. Is there any way to make my Sub/Sub Category card shows 2 lines like List Box that I use at the bottom of the picture.

Screenshot_1.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @AnPhamEFL ,

So I think the short answer is that it is not possible or at least not from what I have seen.

Now the top control in the screenshot below is a Dropdown, the second a Text Box set as Multiple Lines of Text and to show the currently selected Dropdown value in all its glory and finally a combo box.

HenryARPhillips_1-1619890221113.png

Now the closest thing I got to, also shown in the screenshot is that with a combo box you do get the option to scroll left and right to see the full text of a selected entry.

Other ways to go would be to show another text box like I have done clearly showing the value and just have it either not hooked up to anything or better yet, set its displaymode to either Disabled or View.

Or you can go a bit more overkill and have text boxes showing the full value and check boxes, radio buttons etc. That will then enact the requirement for the selected text.

Basically you can do a lot with most controls, but sometimes if you need multiple lines of text you have to use a control designed for that purpose.

Or you could also go for a Power App outside of SharePoint, but still hooked up to the list and that way you would have more real estate to widen controls etc.

Thanks

Henry

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @AnPhamEFL ,

So I think the short answer is that it is not possible or at least not from what I have seen.

Now the top control in the screenshot below is a Dropdown, the second a Text Box set as Multiple Lines of Text and to show the currently selected Dropdown value in all its glory and finally a combo box.

HenryARPhillips_1-1619890221113.png

Now the closest thing I got to, also shown in the screenshot is that with a combo box you do get the option to scroll left and right to see the full text of a selected entry.

Other ways to go would be to show another text box like I have done clearly showing the value and just have it either not hooked up to anything or better yet, set its displaymode to either Disabled or View.

Or you can go a bit more overkill and have text boxes showing the full value and check boxes, radio buttons etc. That will then enact the requirement for the selected text.

Basically you can do a lot with most controls, but sometimes if you need multiple lines of text you have to use a control designed for that purpose.

Or you could also go for a Power App outside of SharePoint, but still hooked up to the list and that way you would have more real estate to widen controls etc.

Thanks

Henry

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events that are happening this month - don't miss out!

Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,644)