cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Show Button based on record status and user id.

I have a button on my PowerApps form that I am going to use for manager approval for records in a SharePoint list.  However when I load the form I only want the button to show if the record status is "Created"  and the Approving Manager matchs the manager logged onto the app.

I assume this would be in the OnVisible property of the screen and I have tried an IF statement to no effect.

Any help would be appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
keathley
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hi @Anonymous ,

You likely need to use a property (such as Email) to accomplish this.  Try setting the "Visible" property of your button to something like:

If(User().Email=DataCardValue30.Selected.Email,true,false)

Where "DataCardValue30" is the name of your manager field.

Joey

v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Could you please share a bit more about your app's configuration?

Could you please show a bit more your SP list?

I assume that there is a Status column (Single line of text type column) and a ApproverManager column (Person or Group type column) in your SP list, I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:1.JPG

Set the Visible property of the Button control (Approve Button) to following formula:

If(DataCardValue3.Text="Created"&&DataCardValue4.Selected.Email=User().Email,true,false)

Note: The DataCardValue3 display the value of Status column, the DataCardValue4 display the value of the ApproverManager column.

If the Status column is a Choice type column in your SP list, please modify above formula as below:

If(DataCardValue3.Selected.Value="Created"&&DataCardValue4.Selected.Email=User().Email,true,false)

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!  I will give that a try as soon as I am able to get back to my project.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (3,557)