cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DCNehs
Level: Powered On

Show Data Card under Multiple tabs

I searched and didn't quite find what I was looking for or missed it.

I have 6 tabs and 35 columns of information to spread across those tabs.   Someone mentioned using OR, but since I'm new to this I'm not exactly sure what that means.  This is what I have right now.  In this case, I'd like the title card to show up under the Information Tab and the Status Tab.

If(varTab = “information” Or varTab = “status”, Disabled, Edit)

7 REPLIES 7
Super User
Super User

Re: Show Data Card under Multiple tabs

@DCNehs 

Organizing your DataCards under multiple tabs is great idea!  You can do this on a single screen and show/hide datacards when the user clicks a button to goto the next section.  It will appear like there are multiple screens but there aren't.  Another advantage of doing things this way is your only have to submit the form once.

Put this code in the OnVisible property of your screen

Set(currentTab,"Information")

Then for every DataCard you want showing on the Information tab you must put this code in the Visible property.

currentTab="Information"

For any DataCards showing on other screens use the appropriate page tab name

currentTab="Status"

The tab functionality should be controlled via buttons.  You should create 2 buttons: one for the Information tab and another for the Status tab.  Put this code in the following properties of the Information button.  Do the same for the Status button but change the value of currentTab.

Text: "Information"
OnSelect: Set(currentTab,"Information")

Now stop to test whether the buttons work.  Clicking on each tab should show/hide DataCards appropriately.

Finally, you need another button to Submit the form.  Put the button wherever you like and include the following properties

Text: "Submit Form"
OnSelect: SubmitForm(your_form_name_here)

Let me know if you have questions.

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

DCNehs

I'm good with the tabs (buttons) and have them created and have already set the individual cards to show under the individual tabs, but I have a few cards that need to show up under 2 of the tabs.

For instance, how would I show the Title card under both the Information and Status Tab?

This is what I'm using to show them under the single tabs which is working great. 

btn_Information.DisplayMode = DisplayMode.Disabled

Everything else is working for NewForm, EditForm and ViewForm except for this....unless my endusers change their minds  🙂

Super User
Super User

@DCNehs 

If you would like the Title card to always show no matter what tab the user is on put this code in the Visible property

True

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

DCNehs

@mdevaney 

I have attachments showing under all 6 tabs since they want to see that everywhere, however I only need the Title card and a few others to show under 2 out of the 6 tabs.

so for example...these are the 6 Tabs.  Attachments shows up under all tabs, anything in red needs to show up under 2 of the 6 tabs.

1)  Information

• Title
  • Organization
  • Project Reference Number
  • Project Link
  • Attachments

2)  Interim Actions

• Target Completion Date
  • Related Issues
  • Attachments

3) Root Cause

• RC Owner
  • Attachments

4) Corrective Actions

• CA Owner
  • CA Links
  • Attachments

5)  Verification

• Verified by
  • Attachments

6 Status/Reference

• Title
  • Project Link
  • Project Reference Number
  • Related Issues
  • CA Links
  • Status
  • Attachments

Super User
Super User

@DCNehs 

Using my method the code to show Title in only two tabs would look like this.

currentTab in ["Information","Interim Actions"]

Perhaps you can adapt this approach to your own solution.

---

DCNehs

@mdevaney 

ok, thanks.  I'll have to see if I can figure something out.  At this point I'd be afraid of trying to reset everything.

I'm DEFINITELY saving your method and going to try it with a different project.    Always excellent to have something in your back pocket. 🙂

Super User
Super User

Will do, let me know how it goes.  If it does end up solving your issue make sure to Accept as Solution 😉

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Super User Class of 2020

Check it out!

thirdimage

New Badges

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,000)