cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
keyboardWrench
Helper III
Helper III

Show Due time as ShortTime AM/PM

Hello, I have Due Time string column that shows military hours, how do I show this as ShortTime in my Gallery?

I tried this by Text((ThisItem.'Due Time'),ShortTime) but the format did not change and no indication on syntax error as well.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@keyboardWrench 

Sorry...typo:

Text(DateTimeValue(ThisItem.'Due Time'), ShortTime)
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@keyboardWrench 

Consider the following change to your formula:

Text(DateTimeValue(ThisItem.'Due Time')),ShortTime)

If your Due time is in text format as you mentioned, you need to first convert to a datetime object, then apply the text format.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

Hi @RandyHayes  I am getting unexpected characters in comma before ShortTime odd. (,ShortTime).

@keyboardWrench 

Sorry...typo:

Text(DateTimeValue(ThisItem.'Due Time'), ShortTime)

View solution in original post

Hi @RandyHayes , thanks I should have caught that as well. 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

PA Community Call

Power Apps Community Call

Next call is happening on April 21st at 8a PST.

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (71,658)