Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Livearus
Helper III
Helper III

Show Gallery Item - SharePoint Choice Field

Hi, everyone,

Unfortunately I can't get any further with the following problem.

I want to display a choice field from my SharePoint list in a gallery. Now there are already numerous posts where solutions like:

Concat(ThisItem.Schichtleitung;Value;",")
ThisItem.Schichtleitung.Value
Choices(ThisItem.Schichtleitung)
Choices([@Schichtberichte].Schichtleitung)

... are described. Unfortunately none of these work for me. My "Label" field just doesn't accept the column. Only the variant with "Concat" outputs a value of the respective element. Just doesn't help me when the element has 2 or more values stored.

Do you have a solution for the gallery? I think in form fields it is also easy with:

Choices([@Schichtberichte].Schichtleitung)

Hoping for feedback, thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AmDev
Super User
Super User

Hi @Livearus 

So from your post I understand that this is a multi-select choice field, and you want to display the value or values chosen in this field within a label on each row of your gallery.

You mentioned you are currently using a Label control? - the only way to display these results in a label is as a text string. This can be achieved using the Concat method that you mentioned as concat combines values from a table (which is the data structure of your multi select choice field) - into a string with whatever deliminiter you have specified in your formula.

So where you have chosen the following in your dropdown:

Value 1

Value 2

Value 3

They would be displayed in your label like this - is this what you found with the Concat functuion?

Value 1, Value 2, Value 3

If you don't want them displayed like this, how do you want them displayed? - as a small nested vertical table in each row?

If so, you could insert a nested vertical gallery inside your main gallery, set its items property to ThisItem.Schichtleitung - add a label inside your nested Gallery and then set the Text for that label to ThisItem.Value 

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
AmDev
Super User
Super User

Hi @Livearus 

So from your post I understand that this is a multi-select choice field, and you want to display the value or values chosen in this field within a label on each row of your gallery.

You mentioned you are currently using a Label control? - the only way to display these results in a label is as a text string. This can be achieved using the Concat method that you mentioned as concat combines values from a table (which is the data structure of your multi select choice field) - into a string with whatever deliminiter you have specified in your formula.

So where you have chosen the following in your dropdown:

Value 1

Value 2

Value 3

They would be displayed in your label like this - is this what you found with the Concat functuion?

Value 1, Value 2, Value 3

If you don't want them displayed like this, how do you want them displayed? - as a small nested vertical table in each row?

If so, you could insert a nested vertical gallery inside your main gallery, set its items property to ThisItem.Schichtleitung - add a label inside your nested Gallery and then set the Text for that label to ThisItem.Value 

Hope this helps

Livearus
Helper III
Helper III

Hey @AmDev 

thank you very much for your very quick help. I'm an idiot, I presented the solution myself with the "Concat" function. However, I was wondering why only one value came from the respective element of the selection column in SharePoint.

I then looked into SharePoint and noticed that the gallery displayed the elements to be displayed in the wrong order, where only one value was stored in the selection column (SharePoint). (^^)

Now it is correct. Sometimes you just stand on the tube 😛

@Livearus - not to worry we've all been there and will all be there again multiple times 🙂 - we just have to accept it's part and parcel of this amazing Power Apps journey we are on! - The important thing is you get sorted and can move on 💪

Good luck with the rest of your build!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (990)