cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Future_Vision
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Show Teams messages from a single channel

Instead of using an email to inform me when a new record is added or a value is patched to a datasource I want to get informed in Teams. I created a channel specifically for these notifications. What I want to be able to do is see the channel messages back in my app. I can build a set of cascading galleries that returns all the teams, channels for the teams and messages for the channel but I want to build something that only shows the messages for a specific channel. 

The gallery methodology yields this

MicrosoftTeams.GetMessagesFromChannel(Gallery1.Selected.id, Gallery1_1.Selected.id).value

I tried using a single gallery and replacing Gallery1.Selected.id with the Team ID and Gallery1_1.Selected.id with the channel ID but I am not getting results. I am using ThisItem.body.content  in the gallery but I am assuming there is no ThisItem  hence the empty field. How would I retrieve all of the messages for a specific Team/Channel combination?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Future_Vision
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Hmm. Looks like I am fine. No results because there are no messages in the channel. *facepalm*

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Future_Vision
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Hmm. Looks like I am fine. No results because there are no messages in the channel. *facepalm*

View solution in original post

Mari
Community Support
Community Support

Glad to hear you found the cause! 😊

Best regards,

Community Support Team - Mari

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,035)