Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AlexBlanes
Helper I
Helper I

Show a Image from every SharePoint list entry

Hi,

I am starting with Power Apps. I searched for this feature but I do not find an easy path for this. I hope there may be a easy way than other posts I seen.

I am developing an app to manage people . For so, I created a column in my SharePoint List that accepts images and uploaded once into a element for test.

The view that lists the elements would need a picture of each person to be shown. Then on an image element inside the browserGallery. I tried to set this image element on 'Image' property 'ThisItem.Picture' but It does not appear like it exists. It just appears a column 'Thumbnail' where size must be setted.

I have seen a post where I may store the image as Base64 on a text column or saving on a library and store the hyperlink into a text column . https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Image-column-from-my-SharePoint-list-in-Powe...

Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@AlexBlanes 

First, just as an FYI...if it is a user photo you're trying to store, are you aware that each user already has a user photo?  There would be no need to store that in SharePoint as it is already there and associated with their profile.

That said, if it is not that scenario, what column type is your picture stored in?  If it is an Image column, then you will find that the image column type is not currently supported in PowerApps.

You can use Image/Hyperlink columns in your app, but they work a little differently.  

Beyond that, you are in a quandary of trying to do something with storing base64 text of the image in a multiline text column.

I hope this is helpful for you. 

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

The users are not on microsft accounts if that is what you mean.  In my case the users are inputed by HR department.

I actually created an Image column and stored there the picture but for what you say that column does not have any usability in my case.

I achived to show a picture by getting from the attachments with this command:

First(ThisItem.'Datos adjuntos').AbsoluteUri

I am interested in attaching files to the element appart It's picture. The only idea I could suggest is always set the same name of the picture to later make the filter by name.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

secondImage

Power Apps Community Call

Please join us on Wednesday, October 20th, at 8a PDT. Come and learn from our amazing speakers!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,888)