cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KTL
Frequent Visitor

Show all instances of records for the selected item in gallery

I have an online excel list having list of equipment (Serial number as the key for equipment) supplied to customer with after service job order number, job order date and job details in one big list. Same equipment serial number can have multiple service orders. I want the gallery with equipment serial number as title. Show all instances of selected equipment serial number in an edit form. Now I can only see the first instance of service order in the form. How do I get the form to show all instances of service orders. I’m currently using lookup serialNo in the data source to get service order details, which is giving me first order detail only although most of the serial numbers have multiple orders.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@KTL ,

As I mentioned, a Form can only show one record.

You can however have an Editable Gallery - here is a good video from Shane Young

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
WarrenBelz
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @KTL ,'

You can only show one record in an Edit form, so if you have one big list, you can choose one record.

You could filter a Gallery based on a drop-down selecting this equipment number, then select a record from there to display in a form - is this what you are asking?

KTL
Frequent Visitor

Hi Warren, Thank you for your comment. Please refer to attached image for expected output of the form. I am not sure if that is possible.ExpectedForm.JPG

zmorek
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

Warren is correct, your edit form will only show one record. However, you can instead use a gallery with various controls entered in it to show you multiple records that match your filters. This video is a decent example:

https://youtu.be/8I0Pt_8I6k8

Then you'll just need a Patch() statement to send that data back to the data source (which I would suggest you not use Excel for).

@KTL ,

As I mentioned, a Form can only show one record.

You can however have an Editable Gallery - here is a good video from Shane Young

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

KTL
Frequent Visitor

Thanks Warren & Zmorek, I am able to follow with the videos that you've shared.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Don't miss the call this month on June 16th - 8a PDT

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (74,220)