cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post Patron
Post Patron

Show an Image in a form

I have a form and a card 'profilepic', multipline plain text column

I have uploaded an image using the add media and have the code in the column 'profilepic'

appres://blobmanager/40135c7652a74f2c8f3801119a06a1c4/1

How can I see the image?  Is it possible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @StuCundy ,

Do you want to upload images by using add media control from powerapps to sharepoint , then display this image in powerapps?

If so, firstly please notice that you saved wrong image data to sharepoint.

Data like this: "appress://blobmanager/63....." is not a kind of temporary data in powerapps, not an image file.

If you save this to sharepoint, you just save some string data, not a real image file. So you will not be able to display it as image in powerapps.

The correct steps should be like this:
1)create a hyperlink data type field in sharepoint list

(Picture data type field is read-only in powerapps.)

2)create a flow about this feather:

create image file by using blob data in powerapps, then upload this file to sharepoint library, get this file's link, then response this link to your app.

( It's not supported to create image file by using blob data in powerapps. You need to use flow to make this.)

Here's a blog about how to create this kind of flow in details for your reference:

http://www.cleverworkarounds.com/2019/06/08/getting-pics-to-sharepoint-from-powerapps-is-getting-eas...

Please notice that the flow in this doc does not include the last two steps: get this file's link, then response this link to your app.

You need to make a little change.

The flow should be like this:

6251.PNG

6252.PNG

3)in your powerapps:

insert an add picture control

insert a button to call the above flow to call this flow

The button's OnSelect:

ClearCollect(pics, { Pic: UploadedImage1.Image, Name: Rand() & ".jpg"});Set(stuff, JSON(pics,JSONFormat.IncludeBinaryData));
Set(link,'Copyof-pic7'.Run(stuff))
//'Copyof-pic7 is my flow name

Then you could get the created file's link by using: 

link.response

Please use this to update your hyperlink column.

The hyperlink column should be updated by data like this:
https://.......0.5270xxxx.jpg

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi,

Add an image control and within Image property add the value that you captured in plain text field.

Super User III
Super User III

Hi @StuCundy ,

See the below approach to show an image in Power App. User().Image gets the current logged in user profile picture.

To refer the image in images Media just provide the image in for image control as shown below.

ProfilePic.gif

I hope this resolved your issue if you see any challenge/need further help please let me know I am always happy to do it for my community.

Regards,
Krishna
If this post helps you give a 👍 and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more.

I hope this resolved your issue if you see any challenge/need further help please let me know I am always happy to do it for my community.

Proud to be a Super User!

Regards,
KrishnaV
Business Applications MVP
Twitter | Linkedin | YouTube | GitHub
If this post helps you give a 👍 and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members / new members of the community.

Hi @KrishnaV 

I didn't even realise I had a media list there!  Nice.   I'm not showing user profiles, they are external people, Students.

How can I open up a profile, add a new image and replace an old one?  I tried to patch the text for the new image to a column and show but I don't think its how you manage the media function?

Hi @kbilakanti 

I actually am doing this but its just not working....  is there a setting in the app I need to adjust?

DataCardValue53 Text:appress://blobmanager/63.....

Image1 Image:DataCardValue53.Text

Result: Profilepicissue.jpg

Hi @StuCundy ,

Create a hyperlink field in Sharepoint list and ensure that you are able to see the image in list and render that in PowerApps. To see the best performance.

Regards,

Krishna

Proud to be a Super User!

Regards,
KrishnaV
Business Applications MVP
Twitter | Linkedin | YouTube | GitHub
If this post helps you give a 👍 and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members / new members of the community.

Hi @StuCundy ,

Do you want to upload images by using add media control from powerapps to sharepoint , then display this image in powerapps?

If so, firstly please notice that you saved wrong image data to sharepoint.

Data like this: "appress://blobmanager/63....." is not a kind of temporary data in powerapps, not an image file.

If you save this to sharepoint, you just save some string data, not a real image file. So you will not be able to display it as image in powerapps.

The correct steps should be like this:
1)create a hyperlink data type field in sharepoint list

(Picture data type field is read-only in powerapps.)

2)create a flow about this feather:

create image file by using blob data in powerapps, then upload this file to sharepoint library, get this file's link, then response this link to your app.

( It's not supported to create image file by using blob data in powerapps. You need to use flow to make this.)

Here's a blog about how to create this kind of flow in details for your reference:

http://www.cleverworkarounds.com/2019/06/08/getting-pics-to-sharepoint-from-powerapps-is-getting-eas...

Please notice that the flow in this doc does not include the last two steps: get this file's link, then response this link to your app.

You need to make a little change.

The flow should be like this:

6251.PNG

6252.PNG

3)in your powerapps:

insert an add picture control

insert a button to call the above flow to call this flow

The button's OnSelect:

ClearCollect(pics, { Pic: UploadedImage1.Image, Name: Rand() & ".jpg"});Set(stuff, JSON(pics,JSONFormat.IncludeBinaryData));
Set(link,'Copyof-pic7'.Run(stuff))
//'Copyof-pic7 is my flow name

Then you could get the created file's link by using: 

link.response

Please use this to update your hyperlink column.

The hyperlink column should be updated by data like this:
https://.......0.5270xxxx.jpg

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Microsoft
Microsoft

You can add an "Image" data type field on your entity and it provides a control to display and upload images:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/common-data-service/types-of-fields#image-fields

Hi  @NHelgren 

Im using sharepoint not CDS.  is there a link for sharepoint?

Sorry I didn't see this was SharePoint. I see  

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (58,796)