Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StuCundy
Post Patron
Post Patron

Show an Image in a form

I have a form and a card 'profilepic', multipline plain text column

I have uploaded an image using the add media and have the code in the column 'profilepic'

appres://blobmanager/40135c7652a74f2c8f3801119a06a1c4/1

How can I see the image?  Is it possible?

17 REPLIES 17

Hi @StuCundy ,

I just want to follow up with you on this issue to see is it resolved or still you see any challenges.

If you see any challenge/need further help let me know I am always happy to help.

Regards,
Krishna
If this post helps give a 👍 and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more

I hope this resolved your issue if you see any challenge/need further help please let me know I am always happy to do it for my community.

Proud to be a Super User!

Regards,
KrishnaV
Business Applications MVP
Twitter | Linkedin | YouTube | GitHub
If this post helps you give a and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members / new members of the community.

Hi @v-yutliu-msft 

Thank you so much.  Wow i've got some work to do...  I have read the post and watch the video.  I still don't know how to create my swagger file.  The flow you have given me is after that step right?

Hi @StuCundy ,

This link http://www.cleverworkarounds.com/2019/06/08/getting-pics-to-sharepoint-from-powerapps-is-getting-eas...

stops at this step "create file".

Please add the red part that I circled.

The flow should include these actions:
PowerApps(trigger)->Initialize variable->Parse JSON->Apply to each(create file->get file properties->set variable)->response to powerapps

After you create the flow successfully, please follow the steps that I describe in powerapps part.

I think I've provided a very detailed solution.

The key point is: 

use flow to upload images from powerapps to sharepoint library

->get this uploaded field's link

->use this link to update your hyperlink column in your sharepoint list

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @StuCundy ,

One min before you do lot of changes in your code in your App try this below small trick:

Text("https://bluffcityvr.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/PowerAppsLogo-400x400.png","[$-pt-PT]")

Set this in Image property of the Image control.

Note: I am referring completely to an image outside my PowerApp and it is working seamlessly on my screen.

so please replace the URL and build a dynamic URL and check it in your app.

I hope this resolved your issue if you see any challenge/need further help please let me know I am always happy to do it for my community.

Regards,
Krishna
If this post helps you give a 👍 and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more.

Proud to be a Super User!

Regards,
KrishnaV
Business Applications MVP
Twitter | Linkedin | YouTube | GitHub
If this post helps you give a and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members / new members of the community.

Hi @v-yutliu-msft 

Thanks you Phoebe you are a magician.  I actuall got sent down wrong path initially by watching the video on that link.  bad move as it was old.  I have successfully made the flow and have the image uploaded to where I want it.

Now I want to add an image to a sharepoint list using this method so I add an Updateitem property in the apply to each area and insert what to my column?

@v-yutliu-msft 
Hi Phoebe

I try to get the link using link.response but it doesn't know about it.  I check the variables and link is just a boolean value...

I think I should have a variable called response?

Anyway I have been able to upload the images but to be fair they were already on my machine, I now have a copy.  Although I see how I can bring in images from an iPhone or other device.  My end result is to have a profile picture displayed next to a student profile.  So to achieve this I need to send the response result to my hyperlink picture column in my sharepoint list for the intended item?

Hi @KrishnaV 

@v-yutliu-msft 
I can get the powerapps image by using the link in the image control.  I understand that I need to get the response to powerapp variables to get the http link for the image.  I juts dont get ant response data back.

Screen shot of my flow here

flowimageupload.png

My run sequence :

Set(stuff,JSON(PhotoList,JSONFormat.IncludeBinaryData));
Set(link,'Test_JsonImageUpload'.Run(stuff))

Response result in flow results

response.png
Something is wrong but I cannot work it out

StuCundy
Post Patron
Post Patron

Hi @v-yutliu-msft 
Imanaged to get it all to work thanmk you.  I just needed to actually enter in "decodeDataUri(item()[‘Pic’])" in the Createfile_FileContent part instead of just bringing in the Pic data variable.  For some reason it mattered.

Helpful resources

Announcements
User Groups Public Preview

Join us for our User Group Public Preview!

Power Apps User Groups are coming! Make sure you’re among the first to know when user groups go live for public preview.

Power Apps Community Call

Monthly Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call?? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (62,809)