Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abieba
Helper III
Helper III

Show data i originally do not have access to

Hello Guys,

I have a list "staff leave balance" and can be accessed by sharepoint admin and HR members

I have a user John Doe and he does not have access to the staff leave balance list

I am building a leave application and i want a "My leave balance as one of the pages on the app

Please how do i allow John Doe see his own leave balance without giving him any access to the staff leave balance list

Please help guys

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RezaDorrani
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @abieba 

He will atleast need read access to the data source

When PowerApps connects to a data source it does so in the context of the logged in user - This is by design

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
RezaDorrani
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @abieba 

He will atleast need read access to the data source

When PowerApps connects to a data source it does so in the context of the logged in user - This is by design

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,405)