cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rohitsbots
Resolver II
Resolver II

Show data selected in gallery

What are the best possible ways we can show data in a screen once an item is selected in a gallery.

I know we can show the data in a DisplayForm. Is this the best and easiest way?

If we use another approach like individual labels to show the data and if there are many fields then wouldn’t it affect the performance ? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

There is no need to add lookup function on each field. Once you have stored current selected list data in your variable => Set(varRecord, Gallery1.Selected); Navigate(DispFormScreen), then you can use this variable to display fields.
For example for Title label add below formula to Text property.

varRecord.Title

you can do this for all the labels 

Did you like my post? Please give it a thumbs up! Did I resolve your issue? Please click Accept as Solution to close the topic and so other members of the community can find solutions more easily.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
MechEng2013
Advocate I
Advocate I

Depends on how much of the record you want to show and in what format. Do you want a full form showing up next to the gallery, or just some labels with datafield information?

MechEng2013
Advocate I
Advocate I

Depends on how much of the record you want to show and in what format. Do you want a full form showing up next to the gallery, or just some labels with data field information?

I want to show full form with 20 fields 

NandiniBhagya20
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

There are 2 ways -

1. You can use variable to collect gallery selected data. Below function will go under OnSelect property of Icon or Gallery => Set(varCurrRecord, Gallery.Selected)
In DispForm's Item property add this formula - varCurrRecord

2. You can directly use Gallery.Selected in Item's property of Disp Form

Did you like my post? Please give it a thumbs up! Did I resolve your issue? Please click Accept as Solution to close the topic and so other members of the community can find solutions more easily.

Correct, I suggest to use Option 1 with the variable.

Also you can set the Visible field on the gallery to be true/false based on if you have a record selected or not, if you would like that.

Thanks! but my question is what is the other way apart from using a display form.

Form is the best way to display list data. If you have a specific design or complex functionality that is difficult to implement using forms, then you can create a screen with labels added on it.

Lookup('table', row ID = gallery.selected.ID (pick a data field to check from))

put that into text labels for each data field you want to show

Won’t lookup on 25 fields on a form affect performance?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (3,625)