cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advocate I
Advocate I

Show extra fields when a radio button is selected

Hi, 

I am making a form in PowerApps that includes three radio buttons.

On selection, each radio button should show some extra fields. Multiple radio buttons can be selected at the same time. 

So rather than opening up a new screen when a button is selected, I would like the fields to pop up on the same screen. If not, an alternative screen will pop up when one of the radio buttons is selected, but I think this will make it impossible to select multiple radio buttons. 

Does anybody know how to overcome this issue?

Best regards, 

AVH

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AVH,

For making extra fields show, it could be achieved by setting the Visible property of the data card of the fields to:

If(Radio1.Selected.Value="1",true,false)

Capture.PNG

But for the the multiple radio selection part, I think this cannot be achieved so far. The only similar control you could use so far is Combo box control. 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/controls/control-combo-box

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Advocate II
Advocate II

In your form, you just need to set the Visible property of the relevant datacards to be true or false depending on the state of the radio button

Something like 

If(Radio1.Selected.Value ="Show",true,false)

You can simplify this down to

Radio1.Selected.Value ="Show"

If its a simple binary choice too

I've done this previously with a SharePoint list as a data source where not all the columns were required depending on the type of data I was adding, its was an action list for projects where different types of action used different columns.  The form added them all in when connected to the data source and I set some of them to be visible/invisible depending on the action type.  A similar requirement to what you're doing I think.  So long as the fields anrent mandatory it should work fine

regards

Andy

https://www.powerappssolution.com/

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AVH,

For making extra fields show, it could be achieved by setting the Visible property of the data card of the fields to:

If(Radio1.Selected.Value="1",true,false)

Capture.PNG

But for the the multiple radio selection part, I think this cannot be achieved so far. The only similar control you could use so far is Combo box control. 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/controls/control-combo-box

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,011)