cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deivid
Resolver I
Resolver I

Show gallery running and without registration

I created a report with several galleries (each line is a gallery), each gallery item is bordered so that it has the format below:

Rel1.png

The problem is that when it is running and the gallery has no registration, the gallery does not appear:

Rel2.png

Is it possible to keep the gallery appearing even if there is no registration?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JR-BejeweledOne
Super User
Super User

When it's empty there is nothing to show.  By default the gallery's outer border is set to 0, so you could change that, however it still won't show any inner grid lines.  What I have done in similar situations is have a nicely formatted label and maybe a colored rectangle behind it with a message that displays when the gallery is empty.

In the image below, I used a timer (because sometimes it takes a bit for the data in the gallery to load).  The variable that starts the timer is set in the OnVisible property of the screen and it runs for 3 seconds.  On timerEnd, I check IsEmpty(Gallery.AllItems).  If this is true it sets a variable to true.   The variable is used in the visible property of my notification label.

In this screenshot, the gallery that displays the Holidays for the selected Country is empty.

EmptyGalleryNotification.jpg

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. If it answered your question, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
JR-BejeweledOne
Super User
Super User

When it's empty there is nothing to show.  By default the gallery's outer border is set to 0, so you could change that, however it still won't show any inner grid lines.  What I have done in similar situations is have a nicely formatted label and maybe a colored rectangle behind it with a message that displays when the gallery is empty.

In the image below, I used a timer (because sometimes it takes a bit for the data in the gallery to load).  The variable that starts the timer is set in the OnVisible property of the screen and it runs for 3 seconds.  On timerEnd, I check IsEmpty(Gallery.AllItems).  If this is true it sets a variable to true.   The variable is used in the visible property of my notification label.

In this screenshot, the gallery that displays the Holidays for the selected Country is empty.

EmptyGalleryNotification.jpg

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. If it answered your question, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Apps Ideas

Check out the New Ideas Site

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Apps!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,982)