cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TomVantveld
Regular Visitor

Show images from an Office 365 List in a Power App

Hi,

I'm investigating the "low-code" possibilities of Power Apps and I'm trying to do something that seems very straightforward, but doesn't yield results. I have created an Office 365 List with 4 columns; 3 text columns (Title, Type, Available) and 1 Image column (Image). From the list, I use the option Power Apps > Create an app.

screenshot_01.png

In the resulting app, I change the layout of the gallery to Image, title, subtitle and  body.

screenshot_02.png

I would assume that the image is also shown, but no good. It only shows the SampleImage

screenshot_03.png

When I edit the Data fields, I can only select the SampleImage, or Add an image file. This wouldn't work, because I need the different images from the List

screenshot_04.png

I tried the different SharePoint image related questions and solutions on this platform and elsewhere:

- Use the fx '{Link}' for Data > Image

- ThisItem.Image

- Create a column with urls of the images (stored in a separate document library on the same site)and using ThisItem.url

None of these worked. Any suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3
RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@TomVantveld 

How did you create your Image column in your list?  If you made it from the "Add column" -> Image in the list view, this will not be supported in PowerApps.

You can add the column in the List Settings as a new "Hyperlink or Picture" column and it will be available then in your app.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes
TomVantveld
Regular Visitor

Hi @RandyHayes,

Thanks for the advice, but it still doesn't work. I created a SharePoint document library and uploaded the images in there. I then added a hyperlink/picture column to my O365 List and added the link from each of these images in the column. In PowerApps I used ThisItem.Link (the name of the column), but I get a white square instead of the image. 

ganeshsanap
Super User
Super User

@TomVantveld 

You can now also use the Image column type in SharePoint online as Power apps will soon support the image column type from SharePoint Online/Microsoft Lists.

Check more information in this article: Power Apps can now display images from SharePoint Online/Microsoft Lists 

Please click Accept as solution & ‌‌👍 if my answer helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. If the answer was useful in other ways, please consider giving it ‌‌👍

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Carousel April Dunnam Updated 768x460.jpg

Urdu Hindi D365 Bootcamp

Dont miss our very own April Dunnam’s The Developer Guide to the Galaxy! Find out what the Power Platform has to offer for the traditional developer.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,241)