cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TomVantveld
Regular Visitor

Show images from an Office 365 List in a Power App

Hi,

I'm investigating the "low-code" possibilities of Power Apps and I'm trying to do something that seems very straightforward, but doesn't yield results. I have created an Office 365 List with 4 columns; 3 text columns (Title, Type, Available) and 1 Image column (Image). From the list, I use the option Power Apps > Create an app.

screenshot_01.png

In the resulting app, I change the layout of the gallery to Image, title, subtitle and  body.

screenshot_02.png

I would assume that the image is also shown, but no good. It only shows the SampleImage

screenshot_03.png

When I edit the Data fields, I can only select the SampleImage, or Add an image file. This wouldn't work, because I need the different images from the List

screenshot_04.png

I tried the different SharePoint image related questions and solutions on this platform and elsewhere:

- Use the fx '{Link}' for Data > Image

- ThisItem.Image

- Create a column with urls of the images (stored in a separate document library on the same site)and using ThisItem.url

None of these worked. Any suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@TomVantveld 

How did you create your Image column in your list?  If you made it from the "Add column" -> Image in the list view, this will not be supported in PowerApps.

You can add the column in the List Settings as a new "Hyperlink or Picture" column and it will be available then in your app.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!
TomVantveld
Regular Visitor

Hi @RandyHayes,

Thanks for the advice, but it still doesn't work. I created a SharePoint document library and uploaded the images in there. I then added a hyperlink/picture column to my O365 List and added the link from each of these images in the column. In PowerApps I used ThisItem.Link (the name of the column), but I get a white square instead of the image. 

ganeshsanap
Super User
Super User

@TomVantveld 

You can now also use the Image column type in SharePoint online as Power apps will soon support the image column type from SharePoint Online/Microsoft Lists.

Check more information in this article: Power Apps can now display images from SharePoint Online/Microsoft Lists 

Please click Accept as solution & ‌‌👍 if my answer helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. If the answer was useful in other ways, please consider giving it ‌‌👍

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,228)