cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
diegocovello

Show items in one combobox through two or more items in another combobox

I have two combobox (BUSINESS and DIVISION). If I select the "1-SIBG" option in the BUSINESS combobox, the DIVISION combobox must bring the values "AB-ASD" and "AD-IATD", if I select the "2-HCBG" option, the DIVISION combobox must bring the values "AC-SPSD" and "DF-FSD". But if I select both options in the BUSINESS combobox, I want the DIVISION combobox to show all the values. How do I do this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BCBuizer
Super User
Super User

Hi @diegocovello ,

I don't think there's anything wrong with the code for the Items property, but the DisplayFields property for your Division ComboBox seems off as it displays the BUSINESS column. Can you change it to ["Division"], or whatever the name of the column is that has the Division name.

Did you like my post? Please give it a thumbs up! Did I resolve your issue? Please click Accept as Solution to close the topic and so other members of the community can find solutions more easily.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
BCBuizer
Super User
Super User

Hi @diegocovello ,

I assume you have a table somewhere that looks something like the below and maps business against division:

Business Division
1-SIBG AB-ASD
1-SIBG AD-IATD
2-HCBG AC-SPSD
2-HCBG DF-FSD"

The Items property for the Business ComboBox can then be set for:

Distinct(Table, Business)

This will return a one column table with all unique values in the Business column. The name of the column is now Result.

The Items property for the Business ComboBox can then be set for:

Filter(Table, Business in BusinessComboBox.SelectedItems)

Of course don't forget to check the DisplayFields and SearchFields of both ComboBoxes to make sure they display the right column, respectively ["Result"] and ["Division"].

Did you like my post? Please give it a thumbs up! Did I resolve your issue? Please click Accept as Solution to close the topic and so other members of the community can find solutions more easily.

Screenshot_3.png
I wanted the DIVISION combobox to show the values of the two options I selected in the BUSINESS combobox. What would be the correct formula on Items property?

BCBuizer
Super User
Super User

Hi @diegocovello ,

I don't think there's anything wrong with the code for the Items property, but the DisplayFields property for your Division ComboBox seems off as it displays the BUSINESS column. Can you change it to ["Division"], or whatever the name of the column is that has the Division name.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Apps Ideas

Check out the New Ideas Site

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Apps!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,509)