cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JoseC12
Level: Powered On

Show message about something I just created

I want to create a client and I'd like to show a message which shows something like "Client XXXX was created with ID: XXXX".

I want to show the ID in the message.

I have this formula: Client " & Gallery_Clients.Selected.Name & "was created with ID: " & Gallery_Clientes.Selected.'ID CLIENT'

but it shows one created before

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Show message about something I just created

Hi @JoseC12 ,

How do you submit your client record? Using SubmitForm function (submit form data)?

I assume that you use SubmitForm function to submit your form data in your app, is it true? Please consider take a try with the following workaround:

Set the OnSuccess property of Edit form in your app to following:

Notify(
       Client " & EditForm1.LastSubmit.Name & " was created with ID: " & EditForm1.LastSubmit.'ID CLIENT', 
       NotificationType.Success
);
Back()

In addition, you could also consider append the following formula after the SubmitForm/Patch function:

Refresh('Data Source');
Notify(
       Client " & Last('Data Source').Name & " was created with ID: " & Last('Data Source').'ID CLIENT', 
       NotificationType.Success
);

Please consider take a try with above solution, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
WarrenBelz
Level 8

Hi @JoseC12 ,

Try this

Refresh(<YourList>);
Set(
   LastID,
   First(
      Sort(
         <YourList>,
         ID,
         Descending
      )
   )
)

Then use LastID in the message

Please click and accept as Solution if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

JoseC12
Level: Powered On

Where can I put that formula? 

WarrenBelz
Level 8

Hi @JoseC12 ,

Either on a button after you have written the new record (if the message is a separate process), or at the end of the script writing the new record.

You did not set out your process in your post, but this Variable will always return the highest ID number in a list (which is the last record written).

Please click and accept as Solution if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @JoseC12 ,

How do you submit your client record? Using SubmitForm function (submit form data)?

I assume that you use SubmitForm function to submit your form data in your app, is it true? Please consider take a try with the following workaround:

Set the OnSuccess property of Edit form in your app to following:

Notify(
       Client " & EditForm1.LastSubmit.Name & " was created with ID: " & EditForm1.LastSubmit.'ID CLIENT', 
       NotificationType.Success
);
Back()

In addition, you could also consider append the following formula after the SubmitForm/Patch function:

Refresh('Data Source');
Notify(
       Client " & Last('Data Source').Name & " was created with ID: " & Last('Data Source').'ID CLIENT', 
       NotificationType.Success
);

Please consider take a try with above solution, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,885)