cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Show multichoice values from SharePoint

I've created a small PowerApp that is connected to a SharePoint list. Now I want the users to be able to see the values from a multi-choice field. Since this is not possible out of the box I wonder if anyone has a clever work-around for this? The users don't have to be able to edit these entries, only read.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Show multichoice values from SharePoint

Hi @Anonymous@Rebetcha,

Actually, we have already annouced the availability to use choice, lookup & people columns in SharePoint lists that have multi-select enabled on them. But notice that:

These changes are rolling out incrementally for SharePoint First Release tenants and are not generally available from SharePoint yet. So, if your tenant is already on first release, you should already have them and if your tenant is not on first release, to enroll please follow the instructions here.

Announcing availability of custom forms, multi-value choice and read-only attachments support for SharePoint with PowerApps

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/custom-form-launch/

Check and change your tenant to first lease in Office365 admin center > Settings > Organization Profile > Release Preferences. I just tested myself. Before, I was unable to use the multiple selection column with ComboBox under stardar release. After I change it to first release, and wait for 24 hour. I create the app using sharepoint list connection, all my multiple selection columns are shown with combo box:

Capture.PNGCapture.PNG

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Support for multi-choice fields is coming. Do not know exactly when, but in the announcement blog it says soon. So my advise would be: wait a little while.
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous@Rebetcha,

Actually, we have already annouced the availability to use choice, lookup & people columns in SharePoint lists that have multi-select enabled on them. But notice that:

These changes are rolling out incrementally for SharePoint First Release tenants and are not generally available from SharePoint yet. So, if your tenant is already on first release, you should already have them and if your tenant is not on first release, to enroll please follow the instructions here.

Announcing availability of custom forms, multi-value choice and read-only attachments support for SharePoint with PowerApps

Check and change your tenant to first lease in Office365 admin center > Settings > Organization Profile > Release Preferences. I just tested myself. Before, I was unable to use the multiple selection column with ComboBox under stardar release. After I change it to first release, and wait for 24 hour. I create the app using sharepoint list connection, all my multiple selection columns are shown with combo box:

Capture.PNGCapture.PNG

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Hi

How do you get the field to show in the Gallery.

Using your people example I have tried Thisitem.People.value with the Text property but get the error:

This property expects text values, this rule produces incompatible table results.

For a choice field without multiple values Thisitem.singlechoice.value usually works.

Thanks in advance for any help

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I have the same question.

I want to filter on the values

Highlighted

@Xinyao wrote:

I have the same question.

I want to filter on the values

Can you describe your scenario in a new thread? And maybe give a little bit more information of your scenario. 

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I have the same question, how to show a multichoice value in a field ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,915)