Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JimboSey
Helper V
Helper V

Show number of items completed by users

Hi, 

I have an App for Maintenance Items, there is a team who work those items, so a member of the team assigns themselves to the item and marks is complete once down. 

What I would like on the App side is a simple gallery, which lists all the name of the team who have worked and item and marked complete. 

I use a SharePoint list to store the date, I have an Owner (person column), that is the member of the team who is picking up the item, and then a Status (choice column), the choices being Not Started, In Progress and Complete. I would like the Gallery to look at the Owner choice column, and then look at how many items have been marked complete from the choice column by that person, and show as a number how many items each person has completed. 

Any help appreciated, thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JimboSey ,

Considering delegation issues (your list may exceed the 2000 delegable limitation), compared to use Person column in that list, I think it would be easier and feasible that use another list to store all the Team members' Names/Emails/Job descriptions etc., and use LookUp column in your list for users to assign themselves to an item. The Form will look like basically the same, and in the Gallery you can do more processing on the new list and have the result of counting completed items by a person:

Gallery Items:

AddColumns(NewList As NL, "CompletedByThisOne", CountRows(Filter(OriginalList, Owner.DisplayName = NL.Name, Status.Value = "Complete")))

Now in the Gallery you can use a Label set Text to ThisItem.CompletedByThisOne to display the number of completed items. Also, you can add some other criteria e.g. data ranges to get more specific results.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JimboSey ,

Considering delegation issues (your list may exceed the 2000 delegable limitation), compared to use Person column in that list, I think it would be easier and feasible that use another list to store all the Team members' Names/Emails/Job descriptions etc., and use LookUp column in your list for users to assign themselves to an item. The Form will look like basically the same, and in the Gallery you can do more processing on the new list and have the result of counting completed items by a person:

Gallery Items:

AddColumns(NewList As NL, "CompletedByThisOne", CountRows(Filter(OriginalList, Owner.DisplayName = NL.Name, Status.Value = "Complete")))

Now in the Gallery you can use a Label set Text to ThisItem.CompletedByThisOne to display the number of completed items. Also, you can add some other criteria e.g. data ranges to get more specific results.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,073)