cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
schuess
Advocate III
Advocate III

Show preloader while gallery is retrieving data.

I would like to show a preloader while my BrowseGallery is retrieving items from a SharePoint LIst. I referrenced this post https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/ux-patterns/ however I am not making a custom api call. So i am not sure what to use as my trigger between Show True and Show False. THanks - schuess

UpdateContext({showLoader:true});???????;UpdateContext({showLoader:false})
4 REPLIES 4
carlosag
Power Apps
Power Apps

Could you share what your current expression looks like on the "Items" property of the Gallery?

You could collect into a collection in the middle of that expression, but it depends on the complexity of your expression and the number of rows that you expect to be able to load. For example, Gallery supports pagination autmatically and so if you are expecting more than 500 rows to come from your query then it would not be advisable to do that since Gallery would maginate incrementally as users scroll the gallery.

On the other hand if you don't expect more than 500 records coming, you could just insert in between your UpdateContext calls something like:

ClearCollect(LocalCollection, <here the same expression used in your Gallery>)

and bind the Gallery to LocalCollection instead of the data source directly.

This is a small and simple gallery.

Sort(If(IsBlank(TextSearchBox2.Text), SilentAuctionItems, Filter(SilentAuctionItems, TextSearchBox2.Text in Text(Title))), Title, If(SortDescending1, SortOrder.Descending, SortOrder.Ascending))

I am not expecting more than 500 rows. I am a beginner btw.

thanks

Is there any solution for this?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would also like to bump this thread 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Users online (2,845)