Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ThareLyn
Helper I
Helper I

Show sharepoint list in canvas app using power automate

Hi everyone,

So we have a client that requires us to remove the sharepoint connector in the powerapps.
But there is a list form the sharepoint the we need to show in the app.

I am thinking if it is possible to do with power automate? Like, getting the list from sharepoint then returning the value to canvas app. I searched for awhile and didn't find anything. Is this possible? if yes can you give a quick guide or link of documentations. Thank you very much.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Yes, you can start a flow from Power Apps, retrieve a list of data from SharePoint and return it to Power Apps.  But I suspect you will run into two practical issues trying to do it that way.

1) Returning a set of data from a flow to an App requires an HTTP response action which will require a premium license for every user running the Power app.

2) Removing the SharePoint connector from Power Apps will probably be done through the Power Platform DLP policies.  Those policies will apply to both Power Apps and Power Automate. So if you don't have the connector for Power Apps you won't have it for Power Automate either.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @ThareLyn ,

A bit of a strange requirement, but what are you going to use as the data source for Power Apps (you have to store the data somewhere). That aside, I guess you could send an identifier (the ID number would be best) in a Flow and then get the item and return it.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Yes, you can start a flow from Power Apps, retrieve a list of data from SharePoint and return it to Power Apps.  But I suspect you will run into two practical issues trying to do it that way.

1) Returning a set of data from a flow to an App requires an HTTP response action which will require a premium license for every user running the Power app.

2) Removing the SharePoint connector from Power Apps will probably be done through the Power Platform DLP policies.  Those policies will apply to both Power Apps and Power Automate. So if you don't have the connector for Power Apps you won't have it for Power Automate either.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,823)