cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Show the value of a galleries selected Item

Hello All,

I have created 2 separate portals. One request portal for trainers to input information of a coaching session and an Admin Portal for the Training Leads to review and edit these requests. Both are connected to SharePoint to store and grab theses requests.

In the Admin Portal I have a Home Screen that Admins can filter their searches for requests and in the gallery there's a couple of fields from the requests to show the Admin if thats the request they're looking for. Then upon selecting the correct request ALL the information of the request is in the next page.

Process Trouble.PNG

As you can see the fields are not showing. I have Connected the gallery to the SharePoint List andput "ThisItem."SharePoint List Column Name".

It was working before until I changed "Proccess"s Column to a "Multiple Choice". The column used to have only one word, but now there is multiple words that can reside in it I don't know what code to put in order for the gallery to show all the selected values in the SharePoint Column. 

I tried the code: ThisItem.Process.Values

But thats invalid.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mdevaney
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

The CONCAT function will do the trick

Concat(ThisItem.Process, Value & " ")

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
PowerAddict
Super User
Super User

Try
Concat(ThisItem.Process, Value)

Let me know if this doesn't work. It should be a variant of this.

---
If you like this reply, please give kudos. And if this solves your problem, please accept this reply as the solution.

Thanks!
Hardit Bhatia
The Power Addict
https://thepoweraddict.com
mdevaney
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

The CONCAT function will do the trick

Concat(ThisItem.Process, Value & " ")

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mdevaney , 

Thank You, worked like a charm

I do have one more question. Ever since I changed that column to "Multiple Choice" in SharePoint I am having a bit of issues. My last issue is I am filtering the Gallery by a number of different fields that the Admin can choose from:

Process Filter.PNG

And now the coding within the Gallery to filter it is messed up. The code:

Filter(
'Training Requests',
If(
IsBlank(SearchByID.Selected.Result),
true,
ID = Value(SearchByID.Selected.Result) // Modify formula here
),
If(
IsBlank(SearchByProcess.Selected.Value),
true,
Process.Value = SearchByProcess.Selected.Value // Modify formula here. Type Process.Value rather than Process
),
If(
IsBlank(SearchByTrainingPOC.Selected.Result),
true,
TrainingPOC = SearchByTrainingPOC.Selected.Result
),
If(
IsBlank(SearchByStatus.Selected.Value),
true,
Status.Value = SearchByStatus.Selected.Value
)
)

The Only part that is shown to be wrong is the "=" i n"Process.Value = SearchByProcess.Selected.Value"

Process Filter Code.PNG

I think this is because I changed that column to a multiple choice. What can I do to fix that ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,821)