Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Polarus
Helper I
Helper I

Showing Collectionnames in a gallery and loading a collection from this name

Hello,

im configuring a checklist and since im new with powerapps i get a lot of questions.

Im saving the collections of the checklist under the name of a textinput if there is a name in the textbox.

If(IsBlank(TextInputDateiname.Text) = false,Navigate(ThisItem.TargetScreen); SaveData(OfflineOverviewCollection,TextInputDateiname.Text))

on the next screen im saving the entries with a button:

ClearCollect(OfflineOverviewCollection, 
{   
    Dachradius:         DachradiusInput.Text     
});
SaveData(OfflineOverviewCollection,TextInputDateiname.Text)

So now i should always save the inputs inside the "TextInputDateiname.Text" Text

Now i want to create a gallery: 

When clicking on the gallery you fill out the checklist with everything you saved. It already worked with a fix Collectionname, but now i want to choose which saved collection i use. is it possible to implement it in a seperate collection? 

I advanced a bit and now it shows the names, but it loads always the last saved collection and never the previous: 

Polarus_0-1661237360202.png

Pascal

Edit: It seems like it doesnt use the names in "" and simply uses the last SaveData

5 REPLIES 5
v-bofeng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Polarus ,

Do you want set a collection's name with a dynamic value. If so , that is not available.

Firstly , the SaveDate function do not create a collection it is used to save a collection to user's device under a specific name. Form example:

SaveData(OfflineOverviewCollection,"Name1"))

Save the OfflineOverviewCollection collection to the user's device under the name "Name1", suitable for LoadData to retrieve later.

I think this link will help you a lot:

SaveData, LoadData, and ClearData functions in Power Apps - Power Platform | Microsoft Docs

Secondly , if we want to create a collection collect and clearcollect is the only choice.

Finally, we can not set a collection's name with a dynamic value. 

Best Regards,

Bof

thanks for the response. 
I hoped to create a dynamic collection yeah. Im currently using a clearcollect and save this collection on the device with a name. 
Cant i use a dynamic name like SaveData(Collection, TextInput.Text) ?
So if i have a Textinput where i write a filname, it will save it under this name?

1. Textinput: FileOne

2. Textinput: FileTwo

wouldnt something like this work? Because atm it doesnt and just presents me the input of the last time i used SaveData

TextInput1: FileOne
SaveData(Collection,Textinput.Text)
LoadData(Collection,Textinput.Text)
TextInput2: FileTwo
SaveData(Collection,Textinput.Text)
LoadData(Collection,Textinput.Text)

Hi @Polarus ,

Cant i use a dynamic name like SaveData(Collection, TextInput.Text) ? This formula is fine but meaningless . And we can not set a collection's name with a dynamic value.

So if i have a Textinput where i write a filname, it will save it under this name?  What is "write a filname" mean? Do you want to create a file?

Best Regards,

Bof

i have a checklist with a lot of entries. When you write the checklist for one product, you enter a filename. i wanted to load the entries of the checklist, with LoadData(Collection,"filename")
And if i want to load another product, i use LoadData(Collection,"filename2")
But instead of writing them with the "", wanted to use the input of a textfield, where you enter the filename

Polarus
Helper I
Helper I

A Second Question about this topic: If i cant implement it like this, Is it possible to Save a specified SharepointList-entry into a local Collection?

Polarus_0-1661333208767.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,692)