cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pat_aus
Frequent Visitor

Showing Pen Input Image in Gallery from SharePoint List

Hi,

I have a gallery which allows the user to sign using the pen input control, this is then put into a sharepoint picture library via flow which works without issue.

The only issue I have is I have a display galley on another page to view the signatures from the sharepoint picture library but only the person that wrote the app is able to see the signatures. If another person users the pen input in the gallery it uploads the picture fine to the sharepoint picture library but they cannot see their own signatrue on the view gallery.

I have added the the person as owner to the sharepoint picture library but that didn't fix anything.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Warren,

Yes I am the owner, I have fixed the issue. What I found was if I saved it to a SharePoint picture library it would only display for me.

I created a SharePoint document library and changed the flow to save the image to there instead of the picture library.

Now all users are able to see their own signature in the powerapp once submitted.

I'm still now sure why the document library would work and not the picture library

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
WarrenBelz
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @pat_aus ,

I have done a blog on storing and displaying SharePoint images .

Please have a read and let me know which process applies to your app.

Happy to elaborate further, although I find it strange that the visibility is dependant on the user.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Hi Warren,

Thanks for the link, I have a very similar setup. It is all working with powerapps/flow to get the Pen Input image into the sharepoint picture library.

It's just pulling the image out for any other user except myself where it will not display. I can see the users image in the sharepoint picture library, just not sure why it will not show in the display Gallery for other users.

@pat_aus ,

Sounds like permissions, but I assume you are the owner of the Library?

Hi Warren,

Yes I am the owner, I have fixed the issue. What I found was if I saved it to a SharePoint picture library it would only display for me.

I created a SharePoint document library and changed the flow to save the image to there instead of the picture library.

Now all users are able to see their own signature in the powerapp once submitted.

I'm still now sure why the document library would work and not the picture library

View solution in original post

Hi @pat_aus ,

I ave not used the Picture Libraries (that are now redundant) for some time as a Document Library does the same job without all the issues (particularly display and linking).

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Don't miss the call this month on June 16th - 8a PDT

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (44,587)