cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tdorscher
Frequent Visitor

Showing result as dollar value

Hello,

I have another question that I can't seem to find an answer to. I have a calculated value in a text box based on users choices in drop down menus. The value needs to be expressed as a dollar value inside that text box. I tried using the Excel DOLLAR function but PowerApps didn't seem to recognize it. I see in apps generated as examples that it seems to show a calculated value in the format I require so I know its possible...I just don't know how.

As an aside, I would like to suggest that the examples posted by MS are allowed to be viewed in an editable state so that others can learn by deconstructing the examples.

Thanks for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Tdorscher,

If I understand your scenario correctly, I guess you should use a Text function to format the value as a dollar value.

My steps for a reference:
Add two Drop down controls, set Items property as [“1”,”2”,”3”,”4”].
Add a Text box control, set its Text property as Text(Dropdown1.Selected.Value*Dropdown2.Selected.Value,"[$-en-US]$ ###.##").

Then when values are selected from Drop down controls, a dollar value would be calculated and shown.

B2.png

For more details about Text function, please see this article:
https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/tutorials/function-text/

when we configure a function, there would be a prompt about how to enter values. Likes the screenshot:

B1.PNG

You could also submit an idea about this if it doesn’t meet your needs at PowerApps Ideas Fourm:
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Tdorscher,

If I understand your scenario correctly, I guess you should use a Text function to format the value as a dollar value.

My steps for a reference:
Add two Drop down controls, set Items property as [“1”,”2”,”3”,”4”].
Add a Text box control, set its Text property as Text(Dropdown1.Selected.Value*Dropdown2.Selected.Value,"[$-en-US]$ ###.##").

Then when values are selected from Drop down controls, a dollar value would be calculated and shown.

B2.png

For more details about Text function, please see this article:
https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/tutorials/function-text/

when we configure a function, there would be a prompt about how to enter values. Likes the screenshot:

B1.PNG

You could also submit an idea about this if it doesn’t meet your needs at PowerApps Ideas Fourm:
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

So first I want to say thank you so much for your help! That was what I needed however the ###.## format will only show one decimal place. I found that if I change it to ###.00 then it in fact will show two decial places. Again I wouldn't have even known where to start with that.  Thanks so much!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,302)