cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Showing result as dollar value

Hi,

I am trying to pull data from my PowerApp and export it onto an Excel table. I have the Flow set up and it works fine, but I need to use drop down menus to eliminate user error. When I try to complete the parameters of my "Insert Row in Excel" Flow it will not allow me to complete the formula. It says that the formula is expecting a text value instead of a control but the values in the drop down menu are text values. Is there any work-around for this?

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Re: Showing result as dollar value

It sounds like you're not referencing the correct property of the Dropdown control. To actually get the text value, you need to do:

Dropdown1.Selected.Value

Here's an example: 

DropdownUsage.png

My first impression is to use Foods.Selected, but this is a record entry not a text value. It sounds like this is might be the problem you're experiencing.

Hope this helps!

- Paul C.
Software Engineer on PowerApps
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Showing result as dollar value

Hi Prf15,

According to your scenario, I created a flow looks like below:

authentication error.PNG

Then on the app, add a Drop down control and set its Items property as: ["test1","test2","test3"]
Then add a Button, set its Action>OnSelect property as: insertrow.Run(Dropdown5.Selected.Value)
Then when I click the button, the value selected in the Drop down control will be saved to the Excel table.

Please have a try with it and let us know if it works for you.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,717)