cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Regular Visitor

Simple Form will not show during preview & moving data

Hi all,

I have created a simple form which will allow the user to input some data. That data would then go to someone else for approval (Either a link would be sent to that person selected on the submit page of the app) and then stores the data in an excel sheet, sharepoint list or onedrive.

I would like some advice on the best way to do this as I have currently made the app by connecting data/excel tables in onedrive. So now I need to make the connections for the form storage along with notifying the necessary recipients. However, I can not get the app to show in the preview.While EditingWhile EditingPreviewPreviewWhile editingWhile editing

16 REPLIES 16

Hello again,

No need to appologize. I am just happy to have moved forward in the process. I am able to see the records, but I want to make sure I can alert the person who the ticket is for and working out a flow seems to be the best way to do that, but I am not sure. Is there an easier way or an alternative? We would be going through Office 365 and we all have outlook email addresses.

Hello again,

No need to appologize. I am just happy to have moved forward in the process. I am able to see the records, but I want to make sure I can alert the person who the ticket is for and working out a flow seems to be the best way to do that, but I am not sure. Is there an easier way or an alternative? We would be going through Office 365 and we all have outlook email addresses.

Hi @osgreene,

I would also suggest Microsoft flow if you have any business logic and they giv an easier way to design and maintain your logic. However I will not be able to help you with much of the flow questions and I suggest posting any flow related questions here: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Flow-Community/ct-p/FlowCommunity.

Just to wrap up, if you have shared your excel with your people as defined in this tutorial:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/tutorials/share-app-data/

The users whom you have shared your app with should be able to view the data.

Also please read through this as to what is nto supported when sharing the app with others.

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/tutorials/share-app/

Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks once again for using Powerapps.

-Kala

Staff-Powerapps.

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Kala,

This was a real pain. Glad this sorts it out nicely.

Cheers,

Aj

Kala, Thanks for this as this has annoyed me and I couldnt find any literature or answers on this as many people on many forums were asking this same question. 

Hi @Kala ,

Same problem is occuring in my case too. What should i do to resolve it. I have attched image witht the item bar which is empty. What should i write inside it so it will show me in preview.

If possible please reply fast.

image.png

Thanks in advance,

Sanket

Frequent Visitor

I was facing a similar issue with Form fields not showing up on preview screen, I followed your suggestion of updating Item field to Defaults(<Data Source>) and it fixed my issue. A great help from both of you guys. Thanks a ton.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (76,777)