Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KubaL
Helper I
Helper I

Simultaneously execute action OnTimerEnd - more then one device / account

Hi Team,

I have interesting case:

In one of my apps i have mechanism to logout users (for example at 5 PM, timer automatically navigate to home screen and do something),

Do something explanation:

• OnTimerEnd of course i'm navigating users to home screen,
  • Also, i'm looping my datasource and checking some records, and based on them sending some data using cusom connector to another data source,

The problem which i have, that everything works well till i'm using one single app, when more users use app, then OnTimerEnd function is running x qty devices :),

my question is:

How can i avoid this situation? Mayby in some way i can block the record, but how if this function is triggered on each device on the same time?

PS. PowerAutomate is not solution for me 🙂 because it's more difficult to prepare this action in flow then powerapps 🙂

thank you in advice!

6 REPLIES 6
Nogueira1306
Super User
Super User

Why don't you check "Now()" and if it is 5PM, you send user to Home Page and do SOmething

Ypu just need to check If it is 5PM or not... And you might have to with a timer or when user changes screens or something

If you need additional help please tag me in your reply and please like my reply.
If my reply provided you with a solution, pleased mark it as a solution ✔️!

Best regards,
Gonçalo Nogueira

Check my LinkedIn!

Check my User Group (pt-PT)!

Last Post on Community

My website!

Hi @Nogueira1306 , thanks for your answear 🙂

to be honest, i'm checking per each second if Now() = 5 PM and then i do something 😄

but on all of my devices i do the same, so that's the problem, that this action is multiplicated by qty of active devices

That should not be a problem...

Flow isnt an option, right?

@Nogueira1306 

Flow it's additional mechanism to handling if something goes wrong:)

You know, when 10 devices (sessions) do at the same time something like this:

ClearCollect(colXXX;MyDataSource);

ForAll(colXXX;

CustomConnector.SendData)

Then above it's done 10 times

timl
Super User
Super User

Hi @KubaL 

I would attempt to control this by recording the start of DoSomething in a table/list - let's call this ProcessLog.

At 5pm when UserA calls DoSomething, you would check for a record that's dated today in ProcessLog. If it doesn't exist, create the record for today in ProcessLog, and begin DoSomething. Otherwise, do nothing.

You can make the ProcessDate value in ProcessLog unique in SharePoint or your data source, and use the IfError function to control the workflow in the event of two users attempting to create the log record at exactly the same time.

Thanks @timl 

i though about this approach and of course i will test it,

but not with IfError 🙂 - so i will test

thank you,

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,471)