cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
danield3
Regular Visitor

Single Item Gallery selection on Navigation

I have a horizontal Gallery with Show Navigation turned on with a single Label that is formatted to take the entire width of the Gallery.  I can click the navigation controls left/right to step though the records in the Gallery but to update other fields on the screen I need to click the Item to select it. 

Is there a way to reduce this 2 step process to a single click so the Item is automatically selected each time the Navigation control is clicked?

Thanks, Dan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-yutliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @danield3 ,

Do you want to change "gallery.selected" by clicking the navigation button?

Actually, I do not support you do this.

Three reasons:

1)there's no property that could record the place where you scroll to in your gallery

2)there's no property that could represent the action of clicking the navigation button

For now, the only solution about changing gallery.selected is to click item in the gallery.

I suggest you submit your ides about adding a property  that could  represent the action of clicking the navigation button here:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/support/pro/ticket/

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
yashag2255
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @danield3 

I am afraid there is no direct method available to reduce the number of clicks. The reason behind that is, in case the width is more to contain more than one item at the same time, it will require additional measures to track the changes. If you think this should be added as a functionality, please raise an idea on: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

v-yutliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @danield3 ,

Do you want to change "gallery.selected" by clicking the navigation button?

Actually, I do not support you do this.

Three reasons:

1)there's no property that could record the place where you scroll to in your gallery

2)there's no property that could represent the action of clicking the navigation button

For now, the only solution about changing gallery.selected is to click item in the gallery.

I suggest you submit your ides about adding a property  that could  represent the action of clicking the navigation button here:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/support/pro/ticket/

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Thanks for the responses Phoebe Liu @v-yutliu-msft  & @yashag2255 ,

I'll submit a ticket at https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/support/pro/ticket/

Perhaps they can expose something like Gallery.NavigationStep to help with this.

If I  had a function to move/perform math on the Gallery.Selected record pointer, I could probably implement the functionality I'm trying to achieve with a button instead.  Although it would be nice to save the screen space and just use something like the Gallery.NavigationClick.

Thanks again, Dan

Helpful resources

Announcements
2022 Release Wave 1 760x460.png

2022 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2022 through September 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,165)