cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
walkerjono

Single Power Apps Per App license (October 2021) and use of Outlook App

I have a licensing question about the change to Power Apps Per App licensing that is happening in October 2021. 

Say I have a Dynamics 365 enabled environment provisioned without any of the first party Enterprise Apps (e.g. Sales, Customer Service etc.) installed.

If I have a user that is licensed with 1 x Power Apps Per App license in this environment are they allowed to use the "Dynamics 365 App for Outlook" within the context of this Power Apps Per App license?

I've checked the latest licensing guide and announcements related to the licensing change on October 2021, but can't find clarification.

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
v-albai-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @walkerjono,

Per my knowledge, if you do have a Power Apps license(have license to use a model-driven app), you should be able to use this app together with model-driven app types.

But pay attention if you already created 2 apps(2 apps limit in the Per App plan), you may need to purchase another $10 license plan. Like discussion in below thread:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/October-1-licensing-and-Dynamics-365-app-for... 

Best regards,

Allen

walkerjono

Thanks for the reply. I had seen that thread, but it is talking about an old licensing change in October 2019, not the upcoming licensing change in October 2021.

I'm specifically referring to this announcement: 

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/licensing/news/pricing_and_licensing_updates_coming_to_power_apps

And

The Power Apps per app plan will be priced at $5 per user/app/month, a decrease from the previous price of $10 per user/app/month. 

Hi @walkerjono ,

I couldn't find more detailed official documentation either.

So for more detailed information about these upcoming changes, I would suggest you contact your Microsoft representative or Microsoft sales team.

Contact Us | Microsoft Power Apps

Best regards,

Allen

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,305)