Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper IV
Helper IV

Single button with a toggle/different record

Dear Powerapps Team, 

I want to use one button with 2 different usage. When I tried to use the collect function plus ";" (semicolon), I am getting this:

button1.PNG

What happens is : when I click the "button", it gives me 2 different records. 

Is there a way that I can use a single button, it gives me 1 record at a time?

For example, When I click it the first time, it will give me a timestamp plus the "Button 1" description.

And when I click it the 2nd time, it will give me the timestamp plus the "Button 2" description.

Thank You and Kind Regards,

Kharina

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

From your description, you have to put the formulas on different buttons. That is separate the collect formula one on each button.

You can also add the next button as another column:

Collect(stamp,{timestamp:Label4_5.Text, Description:Button4.Text, Description2: Button4_5.Text})

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Highlighted

Hi @eka24 ,

Thank you for the reply. 

I'm sorry if I'm unclear. 

I want to use one button to toggle the description everytime I press it. I don't want to use separate buttons.

Kind Regards,

KH

Highlighted

On the save button put:

UpdateContext({SaveMe: !SaveMe});

If(SaveMe,

Collect(stamp,{timestamp:Label4_5.Text, Description:Button4.Text}),

Collect(stamp,{timestamp:Label4_5.Text, Description:Button4_5.Text}))

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Highlighted

Hi @eka24 , 

I really appreciate your time.

Sorry, i must've been doing it wrong because I'm not getting anything when I click the "save" button that I created. 

I want to show you this: 
1. When I click Start button, it creates a record:

B1.PNG

2. This also goes with the End button:

B2.PNG

3. However, when I click on the Toggle button, it gives me 2 records: 
B3.PNG

4. But when I click the Save button from your reply, I will get nothing:

B4.PNG

**I want to use just the  "Toggle" Button, to get a start and End record, at a time.
Just like the "toggle switch" which creates a record whenever you push it. I just want to use a button. 

Can you help me correct my formula?

Kharina

Highlighted

I think am not getting you.

**I want to use just the "Toggle" Button, to get a start and End record, at a time.
Just like the "toggle switch" which creates a record whenever you push it. I just want to use a button.

You are using Toggle button and button at the same time. Meanwhile i cant see any toggle on your form. what i see is a button you have named toggle. Where is the toggle button?

------------

Highlighted

Hi @eka24 ,

I'm sorry for the confusion. 

I want to use the toggle button -- that I placed on my canvass. ( not the toggle button with on and off switch).

I have 3 buttons: start, end and toggle.

kharina_0-1594191428631.png

I want to use the "toggle button" to get a record for Start and End.

I don't want to use the"start button" - to get a record for start and the "End button" to get a record for the End.

I watched  a video from Shane Young but, when he use one button, it shuffles the records in random. 

kharina_1-1594191644002.png

On my app, I just want continuous record of Start and End. (and not random result).

Kharina

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (12,068)