cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PowerMathijs
Regular Visitor

Single gallery items randomly not showing in play mode

I have a gallery in my app. In edit mode, all items always show up. In play/live mode however, it sometimes happens that a single item in the gallery (usually the first) is not shown. 

Users observe the problem at totally random moments. Whenever I check the data sources, everything is fine. 

Below screenshots show the difference between edit and play mode:

edit_mode_ok.png

Gallery in edit mode: everything is shown correctly.

play_mode_bad.png

Same gallery in play mode. Nothing is shown for the first item. 

I already checked the page elements with dev tools of my browser. In play mode, the missing information does not even show up on the page. The location where missing text appears in edit mode, is just empty. See below HTML fragments:

<div spellcheck="false" unselectable="off" class="appmagic-label-text" data-control-part="text" data-bind="{
            inlineEditText: properties.Text,
            css: {
              'appmagic-label-single-line': !properties.Wrap()
            },
            attr: {
              'aria-live': live,
              'aria-atomic': live() ? 'true' : null
            }
          }">Sample text label 0</div>

Inspected HTML element in edit mode.

<div spellcheck="false" unselectable="off" class="appmagic-label-text" data-control-part="text" data-bind="{
            inlineEditText: properties.Text,
            css: {
              'appmagic-label-single-line': !properties.Wrap()
            },
            attr: {
              'aria-live': live,
              'aria-atomic': live() ? 'true' : null
            }
          }"></div>

Same element inspected in play mode. 

How could I solve this problem? Many thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
LukasKo
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi @PowerMathijs , 

I remember the similar issue when some gallery item properties disappeared (item was there but with blank properties). In my case it was caused by new Power App feature Explicit column selection, which was On by default, so all my data source queries without explicit column selection were incomplete. If some properties were not displayed in app, they remained blank. 

As in my case turning on this feature didn't make so much sense (I had SQL Views as data source, so columns were already selected in view and I needed all of them), I turned it off and items returned with all properties filled according to data source. 

LukasKo_0-1638999184302.png

Not sure if it's your case, but it's worth trying. If it's working with turned off, you can update your queries with column selection and turn it on again.

PowerMathijs
Regular Visitor

Thanks for your reply @LukasKo 

I already tried changing this setting, but enabling/disabling explicit column selection does not change the buggy behavior. 

It's also not the case that data is not collected properly, because sometimes the first item in the gallery is briefly visible and then disappears. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations 768x460.png

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

<
Users online (2,606)