cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper III
Helper III

Site Inspection not showing gps

Hi

I'm trying to use site inspection model to develop a new app. 

I created a new key in bing maps to use in formula, but it doesn't show location.

What is wrong?  I live in Brazil, portuguese language, is that the problem? another way to use this formula?

I'm using:

http://dev.virtualearth.net/REST/v1/Imagery/Map/Road/" & Location.Latitude &"," & Location.Longitude & "/15?mapSize=400,400&pp="& Location.Latitude &"," & Location.Longitude &";"& "&key=AmMcZWAm_ndcODok8D1FnUDSIe6T1puX06tn14xL_UYFL5ojbfhg1oHKCwp7xZJ3"

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @alessandramaced 

I think what might be happening here is that the endpoint for VirtualEarth expects period decimal separators for the longitude and latitude values.

The Portuguese locale returns commas, so that might be the cause of the problem.

A possible thing to try would be to substitute the commas for periods. Eg, you would replace any instance of Location.Latitude and Location.Longitude with:

Substitute(Location.Latitude,",",".")
Substitute(Location.Longitude,",",".") 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @alessandramaced 

To diagnose this, I would add a label onto your screen and set the text property to the following:

Location.Latitude

Does that return a non-zero latitude value?

@timl 

It's showing the value -23,491116

Super User III
Super User III

Hi @alessandramaced 

I think what might be happening here is that the endpoint for VirtualEarth expects period decimal separators for the longitude and latitude values.

The Portuguese locale returns commas, so that might be the cause of the problem.

A possible thing to try would be to substitute the commas for periods. Eg, you would replace any instance of Location.Latitude and Location.Longitude with:

Substitute(Location.Latitude,",",".")
Substitute(Location.Longitude,",",".") 

View solution in original post

It worked with a little modification:

"http://dev.virtualearth.net/REST/v1/Imagery/Map/Road/" & Substitute(Text(Location.Latitude);",";".") &"," & Substitute(Text(Location.Longitude);",";".") & "/15?mapSize=400,400&pp="& Substitute(Text(Location.Latitude);",";".") &"," & Substitute(Text(Location.Longitude);",";".") &";"& "&key=AmMcZWAm_ndcODok8D1FnUDSIe6T1puX06tn14xL_UYFL5ojbfhg1oHKCwp7xZJ3"

Thank you very much.

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (38,279)